Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VW T6.1 Multivan from order to first 2000km

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Mine's still looking like new...
    Nice one.
    I pretty much just paid and drove my van out from the dealer, didn't want to stay there a minute more as it's been a long wait

BTW, do you have the sign recognition working on yours? Mine never works, always shows "there are no road signs available"
    VW T6.1 Multivan from order to first 2000km-pxl_20210705_042440187-jpg

Ahhhh.... haven't got to that "feature" yet, still wading through the Infotainment manual, got my phone paired, got "apple play" to work,
    I'll have to look into it first thing tomorrow... as soon as this covid crap is over (in NSW) we'll be off up to Gosford to check out Skyline Campers who are going to install our pop-top roof. Looking forward to turning our van into our home-on-wheels.

I havent got one of these gadgets in our van {too old } anyway you guys had me intrigued so I did a You Tube search and this video might help as most late VW head units are the same .VW Golf MK7 (5G) Dynamic Road Sign Display activated - YouTube Good luck , let us know if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Campers who are going to install our pop-top roof. Looking forward to turning our van into our home-on-wheels.
    Nice. I won't do mine just now, maybe down the track when I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    I havent got one of these gadgets in our van {too old } anyway you guys had me intrigued so I did a You Tube search and this video might help as most late VW head units are the same .VW Golf MK7 (5G) Dynamic Road Sign Display activated - YouTube Good luck , let us know if it works.
    Thanks man. The "dynamic road side display" doesn't appear in my drive assistance menu, which might suggests it's not enabled. But I wonder why it's even display in the tile...

VW T6.1 Multivan from order to first 2000km-pxl_20210707_044305274-jpg
    Last edited by lrog; 07-07-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Sorry its not in yours Irog , but thats VW for you . Lots of things in these vans are listed but aren't actually in the vans , the only way you get the goodies is by paying lots of $$$$$$$$ to get them . Our T5.1 had such a basic head unit in it that it was positively archaic , after purchasing a better one from overseas I now have the 9inch screen with all the bells and whistles for only $450 . VW ,s price to not even get close to what the $450 unit has standard would be over $3000 plus all the coding from VW .

Users Country Flag
    About "•Some small rattling sound from dashboard".
    It might be coming from the DSG lever. When rattling happens, try grabbing the lever to check if it comes form there.
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig-uan View Post
    About "•Some small rattling sound from dashboard".
    It might be coming from the DSG lever. When rattling happens, try grabbing the lever to check if it comes form there.
    Thanks for the advice. It's something loosen plastic near the cupholder. When I press down the dashboard, the sound disappears. Can't do much, just have to live with it

BTW, over the weekends on a road trip, there was once the sliding door couldn't close properly (car on a sideway incline slope), it stopped at the last part. I had to push the door to finish the locking.

The van fuel efficiency was great on that trip, country road + freeway, 6L/100km.
    Last edited by lrog; 13-07-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Sorry its not in yours Irog , but thats VW for you . Lots of things in these vans are listed but aren't actually in the vans

My local VW dealer said the road sign recognition is not available in Australia. But my neighbour's Skoda which has the same software is working fine.

That's a shame for vw.
    Last edited by lrog; 13-07-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123