Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VW T6.1 Multivan from order to first 2000km

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Glad you're happy with your new van, we ordered ours - LWB 4 motion with lots of extras on August 18th 2020... and it's finally arrived in Australia ... the dealer said we should get it later next week... it's been quite a wait.

seadog
    Oh wow, that's way longer than mine. Do you know what's the hold up? Your dealer should have provided you all the status regularly and ship tracking information.

Apparently was the long list of extras... it went on to a special production line - then covid cut the workforce by 50% - and we just had to wait... not much we could do about it....
    It finally got finished and then VW had it sitting on the Hamburg docks for a while till they got a car carrier organised... we were informed of the ship's name and we tracked that on marinetraffic.com, it docked in Melbourne on the 15th, and just a few minutes ago I got an e-mail from our dealer with the final $$$ amount to pay... and we should get the van in a day or two... "watch this space". !!!!

So... from the original order date to today it's 315 days !!!! and counting....!!!
    To say "we're looking forward to it" is a gross understatement !!!!

So... from the original order date to today it's 315 days !!!! and counting....!!!
    To say "we're looking forward to it" is a gross understatement !!!!
    Yeah, that's insane. I totally understand how you feel.

Hey just got a question to whoever owns a T6.1: does your road sign recognition work? Mine never works.

I suspect the function isn't loaded even it shows in the tile as I cannot find the options to set speed limit warning based on speed spotted by the road sign recognition in the menu (usually you can set 5km, 10km and 15km etc speed limit above the spotted speed).

Well....after waiting 319 days... we finally get our T6.1 tomorrow, hope they fitted all the extras we ordered....

seadog

Well....after waiting 319 days... we finally get our T6.1 tomorrow, hope they fitted all the extras we ordered....

seadog
    Exciting time. Looking forward to see your new ride.

2 months in, got my first dent on the sliding door (someone doored into it apparently)
    Last edited by lrog; 05-07-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my 2007 T5, drove over to show my brother and a twerp didn't see the red light and hit my bumper.

Sorry, but 15 minutes walks over 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiels3927 View Post
    Picked up my 2007 T5, drove over to show my brother and a twerp didn't see the red light and hit my bumper.

Sorry, but 15 minutes walks over 2 months.
    you won

Mine's still looking like new... fingers crossed it stays that way for a while, although with some of the driving that I've seen over the last few weeks...I'm not holding my breath, it seems like actually "looking where you are going" while driving seems to be an option nowadays...
    VW T6.1 Multivan from order to first 2000km-vw-1-jpg

VW T6.1 Multivan from order to first 2000km-vw-4-jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast