Thread: VW T5 front heat/AC blower fan squeeling/squeeking noise

VW T5 front heat/AC blower fan squeeling/squeeking noise

G'day,

I know this has been covered before. I had a squeeling blower fan, so pulled it out from under the dash and spun the fan and sure enough it was a dry shaft. Applied some lithium grease on to the shaft inside the fan blade and is dead quiet again. I did not go to the extend of drilling a hole at the other end and applying grease through a hole because my electric drill stopped working! Also I pulled the pollen filter out and gave it a good shake to clear any debris.

Will see how long it stays quiet for. Hoefully for a long while. The blower works fine other wise.

There are plenty of blower suppliers on line at various prices.

Scott

Users Country Flag
    Mine sometimes has a little vibration/noise at a particular RPM at a particular temp (both in the Multivan and the Golf), but I haven't hit this level just yet Good to hear it solved the problem though.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Thanks Hawk. It is certainly worth a try before immediately heading down the replacement path. Particularly if the blower is otherwise functioning fine. A little bit of time to pull some trim off to remove but not a major drama.

Good result. Is the fan running most of the time or only occasionally? My T4 is still going strong at 19 years but only use it with A/c.
    I seem to recall Sunny having trouble with bearings a few years back.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Hi Jets, if you are referring to mine ( or Hawk?) the fan is otherwise working fine all the time. Hopefully the noise stays away for a very long time. There is no bearing grind or hint of worn brushes that I can detect. Cheers, Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Caravelle View Post
    Hi Jets, if you are referring to mine ( or Hawk?) the fan is otherwise working fine all the time.
    Yes I was referring to your van. My favorite lube is Teflon gun lube in an aerosol can. I use it on my Tiguan fuel flap release mechanism, door hinges etc.
    The other day I serviced my swampy house air conditioner & the pump was a little stiff so I removed it & gave it a squirt underneath & it spins feely now. On Christmas day it was used on my grandson's bow that was brand new but starting to stick. All good now.
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels