Support VWWC

Thread: VW T5.1 DPF related Values obscure

Users Country Flag

VW T5.1 DPF related Values obscure

Hello,

today I´ve looked at DPF related values. The DPF warning light was on each 250 km. I dismounted the DPF, cleaned it with a Kärcher and now I took a view to the DPF-values and would make a reset of the soot charging values. But the values are strange:

VW T5.1 DPF related Values obscure-bild1_msg_a12-jpgVW T5.1 DPF related Values obscure-bild2_msg_mw_68-jpgVW T5.1 DPF related Values obscure-bild3_msg_mw_67_leerlauf-jpgVW T5.1 DPF related Values obscure-bild4_msg_mw_67_2000umin-jpg

MSG_A12:

Value 1: 0rpm - ok, motor was off
    Value 2: soot mass/g: 0! The car has 144800km, we bought is with 144400km, how can be this value 0? How is this value determined? The DPF would not be weight. Calculated - by which formula?
    Value 3: Consumption since last regeneration: 4l - maybe correct.
    Value 4: Driven distance since last regeneration/km: 40. Strange. I made a test drive of 10 km and the value was unchanged at 40.

MSG_MW67:

Value 1: DPF-load/%: 21 - 21% of what? sood? ash? Both? How fit this 21% to 0g mass of ash of MSG_A12?
    Value 2: ash mass/g: 0 - How ist this value determined? calculated? How fit the 0g ash mass to the value 1 with 21% load?
    Value 3: Ash mass learning value/g or % - g and % do not fit together. What is the meaning of this value?

Then I made two meassurements of the DPF-differential pressure value:
    MSG_MW_67 at idle: Diff-pressure 2,55 (Unit?), offset 10,2 (Unit mbar?)
    MSG_MW_67 at 2000rpm in neutral position: Diff-pressure 12,75 mbar - ist this a reasonable value?

regards wow

Welcome to the forum . Can I ask is the van running ok ? see I have a different view of the DPF . It,s a high tech piece of kit in these engines and I see a few people tellling of their issues , I have a saying which is if the DPF blocks in our van then its gone for good plenty of places with DPF delete kits around . Ours has 90000 k on the clock and is driven lots of short trips {wifes excurions to the local mall } and a mix of highway drives , we may just be lucky but I find all the readouts you showed as a lot of confusing numbers . And again is the van playing up ?

Users Country Flag

After you cleaned the DPF with your Karcher you will need to reset the DPF values and it will relearn everything.

Im not sure if the OBDEleven interface will allow you to do this function. You may need VCDS (RossTech cable and software).

I did a similar thing 2 months ago with my Audi SQ5 TDI, my DPF was blocked and the car was in limp mode. I removed the DPF and cleaned it with my Karcher, reinstalled the DPF and then had to use VCDS to reset all of the DPF values. All was fine after this and the car returned to normal.

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    @Sunny43.5: The car was running well. But the ongoing yellow DPF-lamp and 250 km later reoccured yellow lamp show, that something is not well. I tried to improve this behaviour by the cleaning act.

@Lucas_R: Which parameter would you reset to which value?
    Last edited by wow; 21-02-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I cant remember off the top of my head as it was a few months ago, but i can have a look over the weekend to find the information. You will need a VCDS cable (Ross Tech) and software though.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 21-02-2020 at 11:15 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

@Sunny43.5: The car was running well. But the ongoing yellow DPF-lamp and 250 km later reoccured yellow lamp show, that something is not well. I tried to improve this behaviour by the cleaning act.

Ah now I see yes those pesky warning lights are the pits , my old 2004 T5 2.0 petrol has several on all the time now . ABS light is on along with TCS and an engine fault light . The van stops and steers and runs fine so I have learnt to live with the christmas decorations on all the time . My other VW Mechanic told me that its an emission problem and you know how I feel about that so I leave it alone . Hope you get it sorted .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    @Lucas_R: Did you look about your actions?

Users Country Flag
    @Lucas_R: Did you look about your actions?
    I did forget - sorry. I have the car with me today so I will have a look to see if I can find the setting I had to reset and take a photo for you.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

Ok here we go. As mentioned, you will need the VCDS (Ross Tech) cable and software and a Windows based laptop.

Select: 01-Engine

Select: Basic Settings-04

Select:
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

Yeah......I'm just about to do mine as well...........after 450,000kms.
    Turbo could be stuck as well..............lots of lights!
    2018 Crafter Runner
    T5.2 6sp manual.