Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vw multivan table - grey

Users Country Flag

Exclamation Vw multivan table - grey

Hi Everyone,

My Multivan table top has delaminated, and VW, in their infinite wisdom, don’t sell the inserts as a spare part. There must be thousands of perfectly functioning tables without the light grey inserts in the world.
    Does anyone have a grey table they’re not using? I’m in Sydney. Please contact me on my mobile 0411880101.

Cheers

Do you have a pic? I may have one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I’ve tried to upload a photos, but this site doesn’t like photos from an iPhone, even though they’re jpegs. Can you send me a message on my mobile 0411880101, and I’ll send photos that way. Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Is it just the surface layer?
    My second hand multivan had some Lino stuck on my table but I’ve removed it to do a better job

I nearly have a template finished which I can provide if you want to get something made yourself

My plan is to put in some vinyl (I work as a signmaker) with a thick laminate for durability, but eventually I will get a veneer or furniture Lino laser cut with adhesive already applied so it’ll just be peel and stick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please keep me updated how you go. There is an option on eBay from Europe, but it looks like a sticker.

Users Country Flag
    Oh awesome I’ll try take a look and see what they have done / pricing

I’ll try have the sticker version done this weekend, will post some photos so you can see

Users Country Flag
    An interesting option for sure! I like the idea of a veneer rather than just vinyl, especially if there is already damage.

We found out that the table was a $400 option on a new vehicle vs something like $1,500 for an aftermarket part, although that was a few years ago. We actually have one in the garage which is only pulled out for long trips and even then not all the time. Honestly it's mostly in the way and makes it difficult to move the chairs around. In a more 'corporate' environment without luggage or child seats (and all the guff that comes with Children) I think they at least have a fighting chance of being useful.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    I took my sweet time...
    Finally got the chance this afternoon to clean the rest of the gunk off of my table and test my decals.
    The adhesive wasn’t hard to remove with some iso propyl but their was a silver sort of film left probably from the original table cover which meant I had to scrape it off with a plastic scraper... annoying

It revealed a nice glossy surface underneath so a regular decal would be fine, I had printed a test with a high tack vinyl which means it’ll definitely stay stuck

My middle portion decal fitted width wise but was slightly short on the length and the sides were slightly too big so I’ll tweak it again this week and give it another go

As you can see in the photos though it looks way nicer,
    this speckled pattern I tried I think suits the van nicely and would be plenty durable!

Stay tuned for when I have another crack at the decal

Users Country Flag
    Very nice! I love a cheap fix that completely transforms something from ratty to brilliant!

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Thanks for the progress update. The silver stuff is from the factory inserts. Is iso propyl the best stuff to remove the remaining adhesive?
    Was the vinyl thick enough? The OEM inserts like a veneer, and are stiff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast