Thread: vw

vw

i used to be an active pat of this forum, but these days i just watch and dont comment.
    when i was a regular, i had many problems with my t5. i came here seeking help. some people were helpful, and some were not.
    i owned my t5 for 7 years. in the 7 years i owned it, it spent more than 3 years off the road. people may be thinking "why didnt i just get rid of it?" well i guess it was a combination of the old love hate thing, and not knowing how long the piece of string was. but eventually i did. gone in 2011.
    the problems i had were so extensive, (to put in perspective, im not sure if id rather go through cancer again, or another vw) i have since spent my life pursuing a career in consumer law. some of the consumer laws in australia leave a lot to be desired, which i have raised with the accc. its an ongoing push.
    one of the particular issues i had with the accc regarding my vw was this. one issue with my car was potentially highly dangerous. the accc response was "because noone has died from this issue in australia, (has caused major accidents in other countries) they wont investigate it further". i think this attitude needs to change.
    in the time when i owned my vw, as i said i had many problems. i only ever posted a small portion of the problems here (simply too many).
    to the people who helped me at that time, i thank you. but there was one particular person here who i had asked for help/advice. he was/is highly regarded as knowledgeable in vws, i believed with his knowledge and expertise i may have been able to deal with the issues better. of course i will never know. instead of help, he gave me what could almost amount to ridicule and abuse for not loving the car the way it is. the only advice he gave me was this. SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A TOYOTA.

to any here who have/had major problems with their vehicle, i feel your pain. ive been there. happy to help in any way i can, even if its just to rant.
    to the the one person i am referring to (you know who you are). well, i think you know my response to you.

ha, I'm glad I didn't have as many problems with my t5 as you, but I still had more than enough that made me wary of buying another VW.
    It's unfortunate that a person here is the opposite of helpful. Perhaps they should go buy a Toyota.

Yeah, it's different when the shoe is on the other foot ... looks like karma prevails!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coaster View Post
    Yeah, it's different when the shoe is on the other foot ... looks like karma prevails!
    Yeah, or one is brand new and the other one done 180,000km and passed its useful life. Too late to bitch about it, if you ask me.
    Last edited by Transporter; 14-08-2020 at 12:06 PM.