Thread: Van Body Kits - Melbourne AUS

Users Country Flag

Van Body Kits - Melbourne AUS

Hi guys,

Im looking to do some work including front bumber/spoiler/side window upgrades.

Is there anywhere in AUS that might supply these parts. I am in Melbourne and looking for something similar to Van-Tech in the UK. They've got some great stuff but not cheap with shipping.

Any help would be great.
    Van-Tech | VW T4, T5, T6 Vans, Parts & Accessories

Cheers,

The problem is anything from overseas while usually cheaper will have a high freight cost , even if you find a local supplier most of that stuff will probably have been imported in a container so they have a freight cost advantage. Then they will price it accordingly so it ends up not as economical for the buyer anyway . As there would only be limited requests for individual parts no one locally will spend the money on R& D to make moulds etc . It all comes down to what parts your after , side glass is available from a few places at much better prices than VW for instance , I bought 4 fixed side glasses for around $800 for the lot , meanwhile VW wanted $800 just for ONE glass !! Try this place , I just got a fixed glass for my mates for his Vito from them and they have lots of options .VOLKSWAGEN > TRANSPORTER T5 SWB - 8/2004 to 11/2015 - VAN Found a place on Ebay selling a complete front bumper assembly for only $324 AU problem was they wanted $1250 AU for freight !! Just Campers have a selection of front bumper stuff but again prices are high VW T5 & T6 Front Bumpers & Fittings :: Just Kampers Australia and one last one VW :: T5 Vans
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 19-06-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Already a huge help! Thanks so much @sunny43.5

You clarified what I was thinking but also have some good insights too. Very much appreciated.