Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Transporter’s Crafter 4motion

Just bought a new car? | ACCC

Here is the link to the ACCC for general reference. Key to this is whether the vehicle seller has dealt with the matter for a major failure in a reasonable period of time to repair, replace or refund. If they haven't it highlights your rights. It would pay to examine how closely VW Australia's policy of 60 days aligns with the consumer rights and guarantees and whether this would be considered a reasonable period of time.

All the best.

Scott.

I'm actually thinking you have to bring in the legals and go for the car plus damages/lost income to your business.

The reason I'm saying this is that it will get the attention of management at VW. Right now it's probably just getting pushed around between the dealer and admin at VW warranty dept who don't have the authority to make a decision and don't have the parts to fix it.

If you slap some legal documents on the table it'll immediately get handled by a different department who is going to see this as a $200,000 problem that needs to get fixed ASAP to limit the possible damages.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    I'm actually thinking you have to bring in the legals and go for the car plus damages/lost income to your business.

The reason I'm saying this is that it will get the attention of management at VW. Right now it's probably just getting pushed around between the dealer and admin at VW warranty dept who don't have the authority to make a decision and don't have the parts to fix it.

If you slap some legal documents on the table it'll immediately get handled by a different department who is going to see this as a $200,000 problem that needs to get fixed ASAP to limit the possible damages.
    Exactly! Why settle for just a repair/replacement when you are very likely entitled to compensation for damages, lost income etc ....
    Last edited by Sharkie; 07-08-2020 at 07:55 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Let's say I gave them a reasonable time to respond. Wait for next week.

I must also add that VW Australia customer care is absolute joke, absolute lack of communication.

Users Country Flag
    Given it is a commercial vehicle, the obvious work done on the vehicle and the nature of your business it should be relatively straight forward for a remedy to go beyond replacement and also include coverage for your other losses.

I'd suggest finding the right lawyer and "investing" now to get the ball rolling with a letter from them outlining the issue and remedy sought.

Given location I can probably tap my network to see if there is anyone best placed to do something like that, just let me know.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Given it is a commercial vehicle, the obvious work done on the vehicle and the nature of your business it should be relatively straight forward for a remedy to go beyond replacement and also include coverage for your other losses.

I'd suggest finding the right lawyer and "investing" now to get the ball rolling with a letter from them outlining the issue and remedy sought.

Given location I can probably tap my network to see if there is anyone best placed to do something like that, just let me know.
    Thanks mate, much appreciate. I may take that offer, if it’s not resolved finalised by Wednesday. Since I was told in today’s email that they’re finalising my case and I’d be updated by Wednesday. If not, I’d contact you by PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Thanks mate, much appreciate. I may take that offer, if it’s not resolved finalised by Wednesday. Since I was told in today’s email that they’re finalising my case and I’d be updated by Wednesday. If not, I’d contact you by PM.
    Fingers crossed for Wednesday as this would obviously be the best outcome.. otherwise happy to assist.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Transporter’s Crafter 4motion

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Let's say I gave them a reasonable time to respond. Wait for next week.

I must also add that VW Australia customer care is absolute joke, absolute lack of communication.
    I saw your wife’s post on an advert from VW on FB about it, have joined in the thread. Looks like it got the usual bot like response from a customer care officer

All the best for Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foxpuppet View Post
    I saw your wife’s post on an advert from VW on FB about it, have joined in the thread. Looks like it got the usual bot like response from a customer care officer

All the best for Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks mate.

I really don’t understand why would they want a bad publicity like that? The manufacturer should know about it and how they go about resolving simple warranty claims. It’s a borderline with sabotage, letting otherwise good vehicle down and to get a bad reputation, potential loss on sales and let the opposition brands erode Volkswagen sales through bad customer support or lack of it.

I have a customer with the courier business who was about to switch his fleet of MB Sprinters to VW Crafters.

When he sees me on Monday in the Amarok and asks what have happened to my new Crafter? What do I say? Great vans, bad customer service?

Stay with MB, because they supply vehicles to government and emergency services and therefore they’re more likely to have the parts in the right quantity in this country, so there’s a minimum downtime and they don’t muck around?

A terrible thing they are putting you through...

I would love to do the delete on my EGR ( & DPF ) right now, but doing that will have an adverse outcome on any other warranty claims that may arise between now & end of warranty period... But, on the other hand going ahead with it now will most likely prolong the life of my engine... Decisions...
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast