Support VWWC

Thread: Time out for stereo .

Time out for stereo .

Quick question , I recently decided to upgrade our T5.1 head unit to the latest Android 10 OS with 9 inch screen , its a great piece of kit but for some reason the van turns off the stereo after exactly 10 minutes when parked , I can,t recall the previous one doing that but maybe the decoder has reverted the timeout in the van back to factory timeout setting . PS yes its a Chinese unit but I am very happy with its functions 24 channel DSP makes it as sound as good any $3000 unit , split screen function built in GPS /Front Crash camera and reversing view as well etc. and seamless transition between all operations .3 USB connectors because it does not have a CD slot anymore as it seems we are moving away from CD,s in cars in favour of memory sticks and SD card storage . Thanks in advance for any ideas on the timeout .

Thanks Gold Coaster it seems its another VW gremlin , this new unit came with a Can Bus Decoder but it,s obviously different to the previous head unit which also came with a decoder but it must have had a different design as it did not turn off until the key was removed . I will contact the suppliers and asked them if they have solution . A bit like the moment you remove the original head unit , the radio reception goes to S****t as the in glass antennae has some symbiotic relationship with the original and does not work with aftermarket head units .

Users Country Flag
    It looks to me as a glitch in the audio unit software. The radio manufacturers have to adjust their software to suit to cars, not the other way around. It would be good test to put the recognised brand unit in your car, like Pioneer, Alpine or Clarion.

Maybe your radio manufacturer can upgrade software in the nest future.

This supplier supplies a VW specific decoder as its a plug and play with matching pins to the original wiring plug from VW , as for radio reception I don,t listen to free to air radio these days too many morons trying to be funny when their NOT . So I listen to online stations from overseas via my mobile phone through Bluetooth , they have very specific music genres so you can listen to what you like rather than someone playing only the odd song you like . I listen to online radio station Radio Bob from Germany , they have about 20 different streams of rock music from 80,s to today and from country rock to punk its also good because there are no DJ,s just music with the occasional station ID in German so its not distracting . As for recognised brands the last time I priced one of the major brands it was a shock , none of them actually fitted in the facia without some ugly bezel around the facia and you were lucky to get a 6 inch screen . This one is a perfect fit and has a 9 inch screen and was only $380 as opposed to $3000 for one of those other ones and even at that price they did not have as many functions as this one does . Even better is if I decided in a few years to upgrade to the latest Android OS its a cheaper option rather than being stuck with an outdated system .

Ask seller if has can adapter harnes for specific car, maybe is only one wire in wrong place

Quote Originally Posted by Andrejm View Post
    Ask seller if has can adapter harnes for specific car, maybe is only one wire in wrong place
    Yes that was my next option as I still have the old unit and Can Bus decoder so I can do some cross-referencing .