Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T7

Users Country Flag

T7

Users Country Flag
    It looks more like a new Caddy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    It looks more like a new Caddy to me.
    Yes I was thinking the same thing as it looks too low in profile than a T6 , more like a Kia Carnival .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Yes I was thinking the same thing as it looks too low in profile than a T6 , more like a Kia Carnival .
    I think that VW would’ve lost many customers if that’s really T7.
    Last edited by Transporter; 01-08-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Yes if this is the best VW can do after 15 or so years of having the same T5/T6/T6.1 shape, with loads of time to provide a new improved shape, I won't be rushing to upgrade. Throughly disappointing if this is the T7 or similar.

Also I wonder if the internal floor to roof measurements will be the same or different, as I have a rear wheel chair hoist arrangement to factor in.
    Last edited by Silver Caravelle; 02-08-2020 at 10:36 AM.

To add further, I think the T6 Multivan Highline 4 motion would be my pick. I am not fussed by the T6.1 dash layout even with Digital facia. To my mind it looks rather low grade compared to the T6 comfort dash. Also I note there was an initial Australian release online order limit of 30 vehicles each for the T6.1 California Beach and the Multivan Cruise. The Cruise at around $77k does not even have the higher powered Bi turbo engine, only the 103kw engine.

Users Country Flag
    You’re probably right about the limited number of T6.1 for Australia. I’ve visited the dealer this week and was very surprised how low was their floor stock. Both commercial and passenger.

I remember a while back when there was a heap of hype & anticipation around the next generation Tiguan. There were some leaked photos & everyone said 'ewww yuck'! The photos turned out to be those of a Touran, not for the Australian market. Hopefully a similar situation with the T7 photo above!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Caravelle View Post
    Yes if this is the best VW can do after 15 or so years of having the same T5/T6/T6.1 shape, with loads of time to provide a new improved shape, I won't be rushing to upgrade. Throughly disappointing if this is the T7 or similar.

Also I wonder if the internal floor to roof measurements will be the same or different, as I have a rear wheel chair hoist arrangement to factor in.
    From the newer photo's coming out, it does appear that the rear of the van is sloped, like the MB van.

It might be worth looking at a side loading cassette lift under the sliding door, or look at a different van when it comes time to replace your van.

This T7, looks like a MB and iLoad hybrid. i don't like it at all.
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn23 View Post
    From the newer photo's coming out, it does appear that the rear of the van is sloped, like the MB van.

It might be worth looking at a side loading cassette lift under the sliding door, or look at a different van when it comes time to replace your van.

This T7, looks like a MB and iLoad hybrid. i don't like it at all.
    Thanks Bryn.

The rear hoist arrangement works best for our family needs including loading and unloading in a drive way.
    A number of years ago I examined a side hoist arrangement but was not suitable for our needs and reduced under floor clearance.

The Multivan is ideal given no other mods are needed to lower the floor such as the Kia. And at the time the Ricon hoist, installation and floor restraints cost $10k The V class Merc has a slightly lower internal roof height.

I suppose I will wait and see!

Cheers,

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast