Thread: T6 TDI 400 4motion advice

T6 TDI 400 4motion advice

Just secured the (Probably last new) T6 TDI 400 4motion today. I wanted to wait for the T6.1 but the delays and the reduced payload capacity of the TDI450 4motion For tax purposes sent me looking for an alternative option.

I need some help / advice though.

I need to get a rubber floor (or other floor) for the cargo area.
    A rear bench seat.
    Nice tyres and mags.?
    Should I get a suspension upgrade at some point?
    Good custom rear cargo fit out for work.

Any other advice welcome or suggestions for any of the above please!!!

Thanks brains trust!!

Rear springs... I have +35mm hd springs for t5/6 and also 4motion front shocks t32 style. I have a 2011 4mo and it has the T30 style hubs. These won't fit. The springs would be perfect for a heavy load. It sat my multivan up too high in the ass end. I was going to keep them for when I get around to buolding a tyre carrier rear bumper, but twins put that on hold. Let me know if you're interested.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Cargo rubber floor mats are available thru RolaCase but you may want to put a thin timber base down first to give it a flat surface to lay on.
    Aftermarket rear seats can be had from Techsafe, be prepared for a couple of thousand spend for an engineered install.
    HD springs are a must for the rear if you’re planning on carrying a regular payload of over 300kgs. Being 4Mo you could also go raised springs for some extra ground clearance. King Springs do a set of four, in HD rear, that can be used with the standard shocks.
    Wheels and tyres are personal choice, do you want big tyres or big rims?
    For fit outs Caddy are one option and Rolacase are another, depends on your budget really.

Click on my signature for my build thread including most of these features in various forms.
    Last edited by Markee; 25-09-2020 at 04:37 PM.

I’m thinking I’d stick to the 17” wheel size but change to a sexier looking aftermarket option, and find a tyre that was similarly a bit more suited to off road and on road but also looked nicer than the standard truck tyres.

Will def flick through your thread. I want to insulate the walls / carpet trim / custom shelf system for work/ and play, but might get caddy or someone else to do that for me, as I don’t have the tools / patience and am happy giving someone work at this time.