Thread: T6 Multivan 3 Seat Bench removal while upright

Users Country Flag

T6 Multivan 3 Seat Bench removal while upright

Hello All,

Just picked up a new Multivan T6.1

Owner's manual instructions for removing the 3 seat bench advise to fold the seat in order to remove. I imagine this is to ensure a balanced centre of gravity?

I was hoping to remove it while upright, as I have 2x child seats in place and don't want to go through the hassle of also removing them.

Has anyone removed the bench while upright without issue? Is there any other reason to do it while folded?

Cheers,

Users Country Flag
    If it's the same as the T5, you can't release the seat on the rails without folding it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiels3927 View Post
    If it's the same as the T5, you can't release the seat on the rails without folding it.
    Was going to say just that, painful that you have to remove the seats in order to slide it forward when you need to (like when you have something large to put in the back). I've always though it was a shame there wasn't some way to make it slide in the upright position.

Removing a single captains chair is painful enough due to the size and weight and I'm told the backrow is a total bastard of a heavy thing.
    Removing a couple of child seats is likely to be the least of your problems !

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys, fortunately I was just moving a small couch about 2m long and I managed to fit it in by just removing one captain's chair.

But that's great to know that it won't release if not folded, potentially saves some frustration in the future. The captains chair was heavy enough - I hate to think what the back seat is like to handle, and the Mrs is 8 months pregnant so that rules her out.

There is a hack you can do so you don't have to fold but some advise against it. Do you need the captain's chairs? I'd pull them and move the bench all the way forward... But I have 4 kids, 2 part time so we need everything in. Pain in the ass especially when moving stuff.

I use an engine hoist to pull my bench up and out the door. 2 ropes to the corners (you'll, T6 Multivan 3 Seat Bench removal while uprightT6 Multivan 3 Seat Bench removal while upright

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ozgti View Post
    There is a hack you can do so you don't have to fold but some advise against it. Do you need the captain's chairs? I'd pull them and move the bench all the way forward... But I have 4 kids, 2 part time so we need everything in. Pain in the ass especially when moving stuff.

I use an engine hoist to pull my bench up and out the door. 2 ropes to the corners (you'll, T6 Multivan 3 Seat Bench removal while uprightT6 Multivan 3 Seat Bench removal while upright
    We only have three kids and have run with only 3rd row for more space while on holidays, the Multi seats are larger than most so three across isn't terrible... but I don't know that I would want to do it anymore as they are getting older.

As for that mod. I'd love to find a "best of both worlds" option where you could install an extra pull wire that would release whatever is stopping it from moving when in the upright position and not have to just disable the whole thing.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit