Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: T6 Bull Bar and Fog Lights

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Bermagui View Post
    Attachment 30111

Front sensors pulled through the bar and angled down to best replicate original
    Spotted you yesterday (or was it Tuesday) in Tuggeranong. You were turning across in front of me.

Users Country Flag
    I was reading up on a Nudgebar install on a T5.1 multivan and they fitted rubber blanks over the front bumper sensors.
    not sure if this would solve any issues with the front bumper mounted sensors with a nudge bar/bull bar install.

my thoughts would be to get another pair or set of sensors from a wrecked van and use them on a nudge bar install, extend the wiring of the original sensors and feed them up from under the bumper neatly and mount them discretely on the nudgebar. the spare set from the wrecked vehicle paint them to the colour of the van and fit them into the bumper sensor holes.

i hope that makes sense.

I have a widened CRV ARB nudge bar that I am trying to work out how to fit to my van, it desperately needs some higher powered lighting out here in the country.

Can I ask with tongue firmly in cheek , why with such a huge bar would you need parking sensors . Just do the touch nudge and feel method of parking .LOL

Users Country Flag
    .. speaking of which, I overlooked a services box on the wall of the car park I backed into recently. I'm thankful for my towbar's protrusion.

Users Country Flag

Just arrived back in Australia after holiday in South Africa, VW vans are much more common on SA roads compared to Australia, Polos in plaque proportions! No vans with full bars or nudge bars, I have often considered fitting a nudge bar, not really for kangaroo protection but as a protection and mounting frame for the light bar. I live in country WA, my wife does night driving twice a week. Thankfully none of our vans have been written off by kangaroos. My personal experience of modern roobars is that collapse in big impacts and don’t offer the level of protection like the solid older type bars. If you hit a roo on one side they collapse and damage the complete front end. I love Multivans but would rather drive a 7 seater with a solid roobar rather than trying to make my Multivan roo proof.
    I think a nudge bar actually looks good and is relatively easy to fit, and makes sense when installing a light bar. I have thought of cutting the bottom grill to set the light bar back a bit so it’s not so prone to damage, but my remapped van is already suffering from higher oil temperature, installing a nudge bar and oil cooler at the same time is probably inevitable.
    14 day quarantined!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123