Thread: T6 Bench Seat to Single to Swap

Users Country Flag

T6 Bench Seat to Single to Swap

Hi All.

I am about to take delivery of a T6 transporter with a bench seat.

Id like to know if anyone has a single seat they may like to swap, a comfort would be preferred as i have the comfort pack.

Also has anyone already done this. Ive researched it and it should be a straight swap as i have an airbag in my bench seat.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by ricco View Post
    Hi All.

I am about to take delivery of a T6 transporter with a bench seat.

Id like to know if anyone has a single seat they may like to swap, a comfort would be preferred as i have the comfort pack.

Also has anyone already done this. Ive researched it and it should be a straight swap as i have an airbag in my bench seat.

Rick
    You may want to check if the air bag deployed from the lhs dash is the same for a single seat as double front passenger seat and if the software would be able to know or even consider what type of seat is installed. This could bring up a whole lot of issues in the case of an accident. You may also need to notify your motoring authority of the change in passenger carrying capacity and as a result get an engineers report as part of that process. Plus are the mounting points of the single seat the same as a double front seat.? And then you might have seat belt reminder buzzers, etc...see they don't make it easy.
    Last edited by Tornado T5; 24-08-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Tornado, ive done the research.
    Mounts are the same.
    Dash airbag slightly larger but made to service both one or two passengers as that what the seat is designed for.
    Change of records certificate $33 by blue slip issuer as no modifications are made to seat or vehicle.

Easy job. Just need to find someone who needs the swap.

Users Country Flag
    Resurrecting an oooold thread here, but any chance somone has actually completed this with the paperwork? Ideally in VIC.

I am about to pickup a T6 with bench seat and I would much prefer a walkthrough if it is possible to change it at some point. I called my local dealer and they said no - it is registered as a 3 seater so cannot be changed.

Users Country Flag
    I have a single seat from my 18 T6 if you need.

I know this is a super old post but any chance you are still looking to swap this out? I have a single passenger from the same model with the airbag. So the swap would actually providing the adapters for the airbags are swapped out as well.