Support VWWC

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: T5 Water Pump in R5 5cyl.TDI (discussion thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebuild View Post
    A while since i did mine.
    i think i removed the dipstick tube, to make it easier.
    IIRC there is a 6 or 8mm allen key bolt at the back of the pump housing that may be for draining.I never tried it, didn't see it first up, so just removed the lower rad hose and thermostat.
    You will need to change the engine oil too.
    Cheers mate thats ace...Yes I can't see any reason it can't be done with the dipstick tube in situ it doesn't seem to get in the way of anything on mine and like I say seems impossible to get to the end of it on a 4motion. Yes I had planned to change the engine oil as well so if some coolant gets in there it should be drained off with the oil. I will look up the position of the thermostat only I hadn't seen to take this out before.

Just trying to get all the info before I tackle it...

Users Country Flag
    Thermostat is on the back of the motor, roughly below the brake master cylinder.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

I'll have a look thanks...

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, Just about to put a new pump in my BNZ and wondering why you need to put it to TDC ? Last one I changed was on an AXE and I didn't do it for that one.
    Cheers

AFAIK, the BNZ is still a 5cyl 2.5, yes? If so, TDC shouldn't matter
    Is this TDC info from an official VW service book or similar?
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Users Country Flag
    I believe its in the literature, also part of the pump tool kit is for setting TDC. I didn't do it last time so can't see how it would be different from the AXE.

Users Country Flag
    It can't matter, the forever spinning pump doesn't care what the cam or crank is doing, but I did the step anyway....too much voodoo curse in this engine already......
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Yea, that Voodoo just got me with a stripped spline bolt on the pump. It's going to take a lot of patience and swearing to get this pump out

Users Country Flag

Yeah you gotta love the random mix of triple square, torx and hex on this engine. All the bolts are full of crap by now, and it's often a lucky dip as to what it might be on the back of the engine by feel....

Enjoy your adventure, I know your pain.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789