Support VWWC

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: T5 Tyres 17" what is available in OZ

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BazzaD View Post
    Widetread Tyres on Burwood Hwy, Ferntree Gully $199 each ($861 including alignment).
    Noticing a bit of noise now, depends on road surface, but I reckon I can put up with it.
    Hey Bazza, after 6 month on those cooper, how do you find them? Noise, mileage etc? Thanks.
    2015 Transporter T5 TDI400 LWB 4Motion, Diff Lock, Rough Road Suspension, Pop Top

Users Country Flag
    I'm looking at upgrading from the stock 16" rims to some used Amarok 17" rims, but I'm not finding a lot of all-terrain tyres in the right kind of profile.

What good options have you found so far?

Or is it better to stay on the 16" rims?

Users Country Flag
    Hi Wintrmute, may I suggest checking your Insurance? No use modifying and then finding out you have no insurance because you have the wrong tyre/wheel on to what the Vehicle Specs are.....could be costly!
    Cheers Dennis
    My first car 1956 Beetle (lasted 20 yrs in the family), 1977 Kombi, 2010 T5 LWB 103kw Campervan, 2016 T6 4Motion LWB Campervan.

T5 Tyres 17" what is available in OZ

Quote Originally Posted by wintrmute View Post
    I'm looking at upgrading from the stock 16" rims to some used Amarok 17" rims, but I'm not finding a lot of all-terrain tyres in the right kind of profile.

What good options have you found so far?

Or is it better to stay on the 16" rims?
    Both are 5x120 but offset is different?
    I have 17” ronals on my van with All terrain tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shtoney View Post
    curious if anyone has considered or fitted falken FK510 tires to a multivan/T5+ van, 235/55R17 103W…? I had falkens on my first commodore 25 years ago and they were a great tire, these are new on the market and supposedly won a wheels mag award in 2018 (?)…thou unlikely tested on a van...
    I have these tyres. So far, so good but not confident I’ll see more that 30,000kms.

How have they gone for you?

Another bubble in a Hankook RA23, midtread. That's 3 or so over the years.Maybe 20K on it. Did some recent dirt road driving, some rocks etc, but still, not impressed.
    Can't find the receipt or remember where i got it, so it goes back as the spare.
    Last edited by Rebuild; 21-08-2020 at 09:13 AM.
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebuild View Post
    Another bubble in a Hankook RA23, midtread. That's 3 or so over the years.Maybe 20K on it. Did some recent dirt road driving, some rocks etc, but still, not impressed.
    Can't find the receipt or remember where i got it, so it goes back as the spare.
    The bank statement is also your proof of purchase, so I’d find the Hankook dealer and get the tyre replaced for free.

Have had the hankook dynapro HP 235/55/17 (vw wheels) for about 40,000kms so far and should see another 5-10 out of them.

Looking at going to ATs or HTs next set of tyres for the look. Does anyone know the max you can go on a 2wd on 17s for that bigger look? Without affecting drive train too much? Better to go back to 16s or stay on 17s? Curious of people’s thoughts/experiences
    Looking at probably Coopers

Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I don’t recall what’s the max size, but if only for looks, the 17” will give you better ride, less body roll around the corners.

Users Country Flag

Just replaced the std wheels/tyres with a set of Coopers ATT 235/60/17 on CSA Ranger rims, great improvement in ride and handling, hoping to get the 60,000k's they advertise.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast