Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 Tyres 17" what is available in OZ

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The 17" GY Cargos are as tough as nails, but also a bit noisier when on the bitumen.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Tig-uan,
    After reading the forum for the 17" tyres, I noticed that you ran the Dunlop Sp Sport 01's on the front & the Michelin Primacy 3 St's on the rear in early 2014. I'm wondering if your able to comment on the Primacy as a steerer or have you choose a different Brand / Type.
    I'm currently considering the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT, Falken FK453, ContiPremiumConact 5 & the local tyre shop also offered the Bridgestone RE-003.
    My Multivan spends all of it's life on sealed roads & not too many round-abouts in W.A. which should lessen the impact of outer tyre wear on the fronts.
    I often drive down south of W.A. on 3 - 4hr journeys with the Family.
    Any advise?

Thanks - Stout.

Users Country Flag
    Stout:

Michelin Primacy 3 ST are great on the rear because they make a big difference to ride/refinement at rear (which needs improvement).
    I have not tried them on the front, so I do not know if they would feel too soft for sporty feeling front-end, but they are a quality tyre, so worth a try. I personally would still put a sporty tyre to the front.

The Michelins, being at the rear, wear very slowly, still look like new.
    At the front, I am half-way thru the 4th pair of Dunlops. (Car done 50,000 kms)

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT: they list them on the web site, but usually are out-of-stock.
    Bridgestone RE-003: they do not list them in 103 load rating for 17".
    Last edited by Tig-uan; 10-06-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.

Users Country Flag
    I am happy to say the Khumo KU27's I fitted have now 51K km's and still have a few mm's of tread left. I have run them at 48psi which seems to minimize the scrubbing of the outside of the front tyres and rotated them about every 8000km. Seems to have helped with a good even wear. Performance and noise was all really good.
    I have now removed these tyres and alloys and had the factory steel wheels powder coated black and fitted a set of Nokian winter tyres for the next 3 months whilst I visit a few ski resorts. These tyres are a little louder on the highway but have great grip in the wet and snow. Tested out in Mittagong last Friday morning.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMotion View Post
    I am happy to say the Khumo KU27's I fitted have now 51K km's and still have a few mm's of tread left. I have run them at 48psi which seems to minimize the scrubbing of the outside of the front tyres and rotated them about every 8000km. Seems to have helped with a good even wear. Performance and noise was all really good.
    I have now removed these tyres and alloys and had the factory steel wheels powder coated black and fitted a set of Nokian winter tyres for the next 3 months whilst I visit a few ski resorts. These tyres are a little louder on the highway but have great grip in the wet and snow. Tested out in Mittagong last Friday morning.
    Can you show us a picture of your powder coated wheels, how long did they take to do them and how much did it cost, we're you happy? I would love to do mine.

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk
    2011 T5 4MOTION Duel Cab Optioned up.

Users Country Flag
    I only have a picture of the wheels on their own today but can take a picture of them on the van tomorrow. Cost was $27.50 per wheel for sandblasting and powder coating (satin black) was $55 a wheel inc GST. Very happy with the result and cost.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowMotion View Post
    I only have a picture of the wheels on their own today but can take a picture of them on the van tomorrow. Cost was $27.50 per wheel for sandblasting and powder coating (satin black) was $55 a wheel inc GST. Very happy with the result and cost.
    Thanks Snow-motion. They look great, now I just need to work out how to get mine done. I don't have a spare set of wheels to rotate.T5 Tyres 17" what is available in OZ

Last edited by REVHE4D; 27-07-2015 at 08:42 PM.

Users Country Flag
    oh, and they were done in 7 days in Brookvale.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by REVHE4D View Post
    Thanks Snow-motion. They look great, now I just need to work out how to get mine done. I don't have a spare set of wheels to rotate.

You could get those from our forum member http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ml#post1143155

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    You could get those from our forum member http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ml#post1143155
    Thanks Transporter, but they are just 16 inch hub caps, I need 17 inch rims.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast