Support VWWC

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 Tyres 17" what is available in OZ

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Hoddy is there any update on the tyre wear on your Yokohama Geolander?

All going well with the Yoko's. 23,000km, minimal signs of wear.
    The only concern is noise from front right tyre when turning left at speed ( above 50km/hr).
    I had the tyre checked and wheel alignment checked -> all OK
    VW service didn't think it was the bearing.
    They didn't make noise initially so I'm unsure as to why they would become noisy now.
    Need to check whether the left one also makes noise and maybe rotate tyres...

Users Country Flag
    hoddy,

any update on what was causing the noise in the rh wheel/tyre

The front right is still noisy. Both fronts are wearing more than the rears. Will rotate them soon and see if that gets rid of the noise.
    Hey bobf - you had mentioned that there was another tyre in the same size as the geolander that was to be released soon. Any news on that?

Users Country Flag
    Dave Berry tells me that they are not far away - 4 to 6 weeks - A Goodyear 215/60/17 or 215/65/17 AT/LT that has been developed for the van. As soon as I hear I will let you knoiw via this thread.
    Last edited by Transporter; 06-07-2011 at 08:17 PM.

After 46K km ,giving the Hankook's the flick.All are worn on inner and outer edges,centre is fine.One has bubbled on the tread, causing vibration.
    And I've had two sidewall blowouts that i don't think were down to my driving.

Going with the Maxxis MA-P1.$215 each
    Did price the Continental Vanco Contacts at around $500 each.Ouch!!
    Last edited by Transporter; 06-07-2011 at 08:16 PM.
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebuild View Post
    Going with the Maxxis MA-P1.$215 each
    Rebuild, that's a damn good price for that tyre
    I haven't been able to track any down in Melbourne yet, although I haven't really been looking too hard.

The one's I've got on at the mo have done 45,000 ks and they were rotated today, probably for the last time
    I'll be looking to replace in the next 10 to 15,000 ks

So 55,000 to 60,000ks I reckon is good for the weight of these vans (mines around 2.3 ton)

Pretty sure you'll be happy with them

Do you mind telling us who you're getting them from?

M

Local tyre store,not one of the big chains.
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Users Country Flag
    Goodyear now have available a 215/60R17 C, 109/107T Cargo Vector that ticks all the boxes on the tyre placard plus has a higher load rating (109 v 104). The tyre is made in Germany (not Singapore like most Goodyears), is C (LT) construction, M+S rated. It has a similar tread pattern to the Wrangler AT. This tyre looks a far better bet for off-road work than the 235/55s or any of the alternatives.

Dave Berry from Trakadu was the driving force behind getting them into the country and he is fitting them to the Trakadu AT van. Dave can supply at $230 fitted, or they can be got thru Beaurepairs. Will post some pics when/if I work out how to do it.
    Last edited by Transporter; 10-06-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Highlight text

Hi all we own two T5,s 1 x TDI 128 triptronic and a 2.0lt petrol manual , after we fitted alloys we used the original factory tyres which lasted about 38,000ks . then when I received sticker shock for similar replacement tyres I went in search of some other options . Eventually I decided on some Nankang tyres P235 55R/17 103V M+S Dot 10K3 Toursport NS . Costs around $200 each lasted around 40000 plus and thats without rotation [silly me if rotated would add another 5000] any way they perform fantastic wet and dry , we did have two tyres which one of had a blow out and found small splits on the second but even after 20000 kays they replaced them free of charge . No problems with road noise they are worth a look at , and on my own work van I don,t treat them with much respect and they just keep going . Howard
    Last edited by Transporter; 10-06-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Highlight text

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast