Thread: T5 transporter replacement key

T5 transporter replacement key

One of my keys from 2008 transporter has broken. A bit of the thing that springs it open has broken. I might buy another case/key from eBay and swap over the key etc. The transponder ( if that’s the correct term) is maybe 8 or 10mm long and as thick as a match, looks very delicate, looks like glass or whatever. Don’t want to break it removing it to put in new case. Has anyone tried this before?

I've bought two before but only used the rear part and button covers, I kept using the old front part that the key is attached to. I suspect this isn't what you are wanting to do, so can't help I suspect.

Users Country Flag

You need to be careful when removing the glass transponder. They are glued in. Use a heat gun/hair drier to soften the glue and then gently pry it out.
    If you break it you can't start the car with that key.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500