Thread: T5 Transporter Fog Light install

T5 Transporter Fog Light install

Hello,
    My T5 didn't come with fog lights.
    Does it already have the wiring loom installed tied up behind the bumper somewhere, or is this an aftermarket install aswell as the lights?
    Thanks
    Regards
    Adrian

Users Country Flag
    I'll be following this one as I've wondered the same.

I'm assuming minimum of new light switch (auto lights would be really nice too, but they don't seem straight forward unless you hack in your own system). I wouldn't mind DRLs either, I even have a couple of different 12V options in the garage I keep thinking about customising to fit... that or a set of aftermarket headlights.
    Last edited by The_Hawk; 01-06-2020 at 03:18 PM.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

I retro fitted auto lights on and off into my 2004 T5 and also same system into my wife 2012 it was fairly easy to do . Maybe one of these as its a duplicate to VW switch . Light Sensor Auto Head Headlight Switch For VW Golf 5 6 MK6 MK5 Touran Tiguan 666139758023 | eBay This is the one I used for ours .Universal 12V Car Auto Light Sensor System Auto automatic headlight sensor | eBay
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 01-06-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I vaguely looked into this a while back and I believe the light switch in the T5 is more like the older Mk4 Golf rather than the Mk5 so I don't know that that one would work. The universal one (clearly, since you've done it and all) would work fine.

Googling turned up my own old thread too:
    T5.2 Auto Headlights Retro Fit?

Anyway, something to keep in mind even for the fog lights is what switch will work/fit.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Yed, its definately a change headlight switch, but wiring is already there to switch. Just need to know if wiring for fog lifgts themselves are already tucked up behind bumper somewhere?