Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: T5 transporter aftermarket radio options

Users Country Flag

As an FYI, Clem 7 has been on the VW maps since V6, Airport Link since V7 and current version is V8 ..... and only $50 for the upgrade CD by the way.

And you can have the RNS510 and 9W7 Bluetooth for less than $1300 all up ..... both are far superior to the Chinese units in my opinion and I have had 2 x Chinese unit before and 1 x Zenec ..... As a bonus the RNS510 fully integrate to the MFD which the Chinese units don't.

RVC that integrates seamlessly into the RNS510 can be had off Ebay for less than USD $100 ..... biggest problem with that is running the cables which really has no bearing on the brand of head unit.

Still its your choice .....
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

My question is when was V6 and & 7 released I don't think the person who posted VW 's facebook page last year was lying he was stating fact that his then delivered brand new Touareg had nearly two year out of date maps that's all .Those prices are quite good but I think your info on the MFD is not correct as the current Chinese units DO integrate the MFD info on the head unit and show the head unit info to the cars dash as well . They also do work with steering wheel controls . Look I get what you are saying about superiority of the original equipment over aftermarket but for the money they do have a place , and as time goes on more technical developments will occur and the Chinese are the masters at copying and adding loads more extras to those components . How many times do we see articles on the TV about cars being sold without reverse safety cameras as standard , I chose to fit an aftermarket radio to our vans around nine years ago as at the time units from China had that very ability long before they were being offered by VW or many others for that matter .

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys

Very entertaining thanks

What HU will fit 2.5 T5 ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kombi View Post
    Hi guys

Very entertaining thanks

What HU will fit 2.5 T5 ?
    Basically any double DIN unit.

Users Country Flag
    What about 2006 T5 ?

Same answer the T5 dashboard is the same from 2004 up to 2010 after the upgrade in 2010 the dash shape for the head unit was changed to elongated style ie wider at the top than the bottom .Like this for the 2004 models on Erisin ES7402M DVD Car Audio Navigation System for T5 Multivan 2007 2008, View DVD Car, Erisin car dvd Product Details from Shenzhen Erisin Electronics Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com
    then from 210 on like this Erisin ES9015V 8" Android 4.4.4 Car Audio Built-in DVR System for Caddy, View android car audio system, Erisin Product Details from Shenzhen Erisin Electronics Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Sunny43.5

Dankie Sharkie

I have just pulled an RCD510 + bluetooth thing (vw but parrot) out of my van you can have for $150. pm me if your interested.
    132kw LWB Van. Not a tradie..

BTW I bought an android unit from Joying Aftermarket Best Android Head Unit, Android Car Stereo, Android Car Radio Audio Home page Android In-Dash Android GPS navigation | carjoying.com 8" version. plug and play, actually took me longer to unpick VW's bluetooth kit out my plug. it does a lot and the guy seems very reliable at support.
    132kw LWB Van. Not a tradie..

Users Country Flag

What model did you get from there? Hows the Bluetooth and gps functions etc? Got any pics of it installed? I keep thinking I need a better option as well..

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast