Thread: T5 Reversing buzzer location?

Users Country Flag

Question T5 Reversing buzzer location?

Hello,
    Can anyone advise where the reversing buzzer is located in a T5 Transporter please?
    I found conflicting info when searching the net, google search advice to listen for where sound comes from doesn't help when its silent.

We have had 2 T5,s and now a T5.1 and they don't have a reverse buzzer , who told you they did .?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    There's definitely a buzzer - I've owned the vehicle from new. It always used to give a short blurt when selecting reverse, then alert accordingly. I wish I'd paid more attention to where the noise came from.
    The rear sensors seem ok. VW service actually quoted a to replace buzzer noting its fault, however, this quote was given when I picked up my van after their failed attempt to discover a parasitic drain. I subsequently found the drain on my own and do not want to send it back for this job. Glad I didn't proceed with replacement of multifunction control module as they also quoted replacement of that due to failed parasitic drain investigation.

Neil, what year is this T5? Van or passenger vehicle?
    My '04 van doesn't have a reverse buzzer
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Quote Originally Posted by Rebuild View Post
    Neil, what year is this T5? Van or passenger vehicle?
    My '04 van doesn't have a reverse buzzer
    Hi Steve,

It's a LWB 4Motion van, compliance plated as manufactured in Nov 2008, though VW refer to it as '09 model when ordering parts due to vin number. Some years back there was a mix up over brake discs so I gather some alterations occurred.

I think what your referring to which confused me and probably a few others at first is rear parking sensors which is different to a warning buzzer like you hear on trucks when they are reversing which warns pedestrians etc . . I have aftermarket reverse parking sensors on ours which gives a proximity warning as you get closer to another vehicle/object and also gives an audio warning but it comes from the built in buzzer in the display unit on top of the radio binnacle . If yours is like some cars I have been in there could be a small speaker /buzzer in the rear corner somewhere or like some upmarket ones it has a speaker /buzzer in each corner front and rear so you can hear when a particular part of the car is close to an object , obviously the van would need front parking sensors as well .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 09-11-2021 at 11:08 PM.

Buzzer

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    I think what your referring to which confused me and probably a few others at first is rear parking sensors which is different to a warning buzzer like you hear on trucks when they are reversing which warns pedestrians etc . . I have aftermarket reverse parking sensors on ours which gives a proximity warning as you get closer to another vehicle/object and also gives an audio warning but it comes from the built in buzzer in the display unit on top of the radio binnacle . If yours is like some cars I have been in there could be a small speaker /buzzer in the rear corner somewhere or like some upmarket ones it has a speaker /buzzer in each corner front and rear so you can hear when a particular part of the car is close to an object , obviously the van would need front parking sensors as well .

Maybe you're right, though I don't know about others.
    My van only has rear sensors. I found this YouTube upload which would have suited me if it was about T5 not Tiguan.
    Hoping someone with a genuine reverse parking sensor buzzer can engage it, listen and advise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T5 Reversing buzzer location?-rev-buz-png  

The PDC alarm is under the dash above the pedals, mounted on the J519 onboard supply control unit, from my experience it would be unusual to be faulty.

Thanks for that Syncrotek.