Support VWWC

Thread: T5 Multivan Floor Rail Anchor Points

Users Country Flag

T5 Multivan Floor Rail Anchor Points

Hi,

I've got a new Multivan on order and will be making & installing a false floor and fridge slide behind the rear seats. I'll need to bolt the false floor down and using the seat rails seems like a logical idea.

I've read on here about people machining plates to sit inside the floor mounted seat rail for additional anchor points. And that VW don't offer the plates as a separate part.

Are people machining something similar to this? - http://www.boesenberg.de/fileadmin/u...glisch_WEB.pdf

Does the protruding rounded ends do anything? Do they locate into the underside of the rail?

Cheers
    Simon

Users Country Flag
    I'm sure that with a bit of right skills you could make the rail sliding items and even make them better for your needs.
    The protruding rounded ends are there, so you don't crush the profile of the rail and for easier slide.
    I've made my own rails for my 4Motion van (they don't come std in the vans), made from two 2M long 30x30mm angle steels welded together with the 6 (25x75x3mm) pieces of flat steel, used the anchoring points to secure them to the floor, so I could bolt the shelving and the toolboxes down without drilling any holes into the vans body.

Users Country Flag
    Another type of attachment used for standard multivan rail is the upside-down "T" shape, with the vertical part of the "T" being threaded to accept a nut fixing a load.

When the upside-down "T" is lowered in the rail, it is then turned 90 degrees and lifted back slightly to lock into the groove in the underside of the rail. The advantage of this method is that the attachment can not move along the rail since the horizontal part of the "T" is slotted into the underside groove. This is how "multiflexboard" is attached.
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the replies. I have access to a milling machine and will make something suitable.

Simon.

Photos Simon wa it would be nice to see how they turnout so others can get some ideas . if you were just needing something just to tie down into the original track you may find some wheel chair restraints might fit as well .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Absolutely. I had intended to do a thread on the van build once I get going. Not due for delivery until Nov, so lots to procrastinate about.

Simon