Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T5 Multivan 3rd row 12V socket fuse solved

Users Country Flag

T5 Multivan 3rd row 12V socket fuse solved

Hi all I'm a newbie here and this is my first post after reporting in newbies corner.

Many thanks to the
    T5 ESSENTIALS (from September 2009), Fuses location,

Following the instructions, I am finally able to find the fuse for the 12V socket beside the 3rd-row bench.

Mine is a MY12 T5.1 TDI340 comfortline FWD Multivan, fuse location from 22 to 33 are a bit different from the coded map. The green area is vacant in my case. Illustration all thanks to the original post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T5 Multivan 3rd row 12V socket fuse solved-fuse1-png  
    Last edited by philosophrenic; 27-03-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Apparently there are around 120 fuses in some of the T5 models depending on options etc , seems like overkill when you think about it .

Users Country Flag
    Not really, when you think how many control modules are in the vehicle.

But what do these modules actually do ? do they make our driving experience better or are they another way for dealers to make our wallets thinner . I know I am a grumpy old man but sometimes I wonder what manufactureres are thinking , now take the Forum member who for weeks could not get a light to work after a fuse had blown . .I thought the whole idea of a fuse was if a short occurs then it blows then you try a new fuse if it blows then you check for a short . Now days it seems the fuse is not the last line of defence as the body control modules will shut off power to that part until either if your smart you disconect the battery or spend money at the dealers having them hook it up to a computer and then telling the car the fault is fixed and they can play nice with each other again . As the guy who had the issue with his trailer light said even an auto elec could not figure out what was wrong . Ok I await with baited breath for the smarter tech guys than me to explain why I am wrong with my answer .

Users Country Flag
    They make diagnosis easier.

They make adding and removing options to suit various trim levels and markets easier.

Zero to do with the average end user who just jumps in and drives.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Hmm okay I will accept some of that explanation but I am not entirely convinced , my mates Range Rover spent several weeks at a dealer some years back while they downloaded the information back to the factory in Germany {owned by BMW } . Seems every time he went around a particular roundabout the car would cut out , they replaced a bucket load of wiring looms and loads of parts in the dash still no fix . Finally a tech found the airbag wires running up into the steering wheel was rubbing on turns and shorting out . Now diagnosis by factory could not find the problem in a $120000 car only a couple of weeks old , maybe some systems work better than others .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 28-03-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    As soon as the CAN-bus system come into play in modern cars, many give up trying to understand everything about car electronics including me. That's why I loved a 80 series cruiser of which I can name all the electric appliances because there is less than a dozen.

Yes I agree when you look at the fuse box in the later T5,s there is no fuse card . My 2004 has one and to be honest you need a university degree in Ancient Egyptian hyroglyphics to understand what the symbols mean .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    yeah mate mine doesn't come with the fuse legend. Those stuff can be funny tho, sometimes your car can tell you it's ****ting itself. Some other times there's a ninja with a sword stalking you.
    T5 Multivan 3rd row 12V socket fuse solved-y2bzqyy-jpg T5 Multivan 3rd row 12V socket fuse solved-u=3374141104-3744319685-fm=27-gp=0-jpg

Many thanks to this thread I found the fuse location for my 3rd row seat 12v socket. Problem is, as soon as I replaced the blown fuse the new one blew immediately. Any ideas I could check before heading to an auto electrician?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast