Thread: T5 Kombi transporter with T6 Multivan seats

T5 Kombi transporter with T6 Multivan seats

Hi all, did a search but could really find an answer.

Just need to check a current model T6 rear 3 seat bench with go in my 2006 Kombi Beach transporter with the rail system?

And can I utilise the newer models mid row captain seats to install as the driver/passenger seats in my T5 or is it not that simple?

Users Country Flag
    From memory the Kombi Beach has the two seater rear bench which has different rail spacing compared to the rails required for the three seater rear bench from a Multivan

All multivans have 6 tracks for of which are used for the 3-er Seat and two of which are used for the small table

The multivan middle row captains chairs are not able to be used for the front driver and passenger seats they are very different seats

The middle row captains chairs have integrated seat belts

The front driver and passenger seats have seat belts mounted to the b pillar for example

The only way that I could see that you could retrofit the triple seat to a kombi Beach of 2006 is to retrofit the rail system to the existing cross members

I have a long wheel base mid roof 4motion with the multivan Rail System retrofitted and the seats fitted to that Rail System that vehicle is now complied is a seven-seat vehicle

hope this helps regards Mark

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by syncro91 View Post
    I have a long wheel base mid roof 4motion with the multivan Rail System retrofitted and the seats fitted to that Rail System that vehicle is now complied is a seven-seat vehicle
    @syncro91
    Mark, I'm looking to make an identical upgrade to my van could you share some details please? Was it DIY or was the work done by the company that issued the complied certification. Roughly how much did it cost and anything that you'd do differently if you had your time again?
    Michael.

As long as you use a reputable company who will fit and certify the parts it should be good to go , just remember it wont be cheap as the rails don't just bolt into existing points as a standard van would not have any of those holes . Whoever does the job will need to attach certified mounting plates to the underside of the floor and same for any outboard seat belts { I used to do conversions and certifications here in Qld } but the rules are different for each state even though we use National Standard guidelines .