Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T5 Facelift (and new engines)

T5 Facelift (and new engines)

If anyone is interested, this appears to be legit. I like the idea of a T5 with a TDI motor putting out 181Kw/510Nm , but not sure about the looks (need to see it in the metal).

http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/fo...513&PN=1&TPN=1

Users Country Flag

Not a fan of the design

EDIT engines and new specs sound cool
    Last edited by phaeton; 10-04-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag
    New Engines

Petrol
    TFSI 4 cylinder - 121kW /165ps - 280Nm.

Diesel
    Common Rail Diesels range from 58kW/80ps to a new 181 kW/246ps 6 cylinder engine that is only for the top of the line Multivan and California's.

The engine bay for the 6 cylinder diesel will be extended for this engine.
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

yeah mate,

don't like the design either plus the bumpers shouldn't be in body colour as it is a transporter and these get scratched all the bloody time.

Bloody fashion
    1985 GolfMk2 CL

Users Country Flag
    This is the passenger version Nick

and quite possible the extended nose version too so the small nose maybe better ?????

Also the commercial versions will have a more simple design according to one source.
    - Ben

2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Quote Originally Posted by phaeton View Post
    This is the passenger version Nick

and quite possible the extended nose version too so the small nose maybe better ?????

Also the commercial versions will have a more simple design according to one source.
    I hope simple translates into better looking....until seen in the flesh a little hard to comment however the simple, neat lines of my T5 look so much more appealing atm.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornado T5 View Post
    I hope simple translates into better looking....until seen in the flesh a little hard to comment however the simple, neat lines of my T5 look so much more appealing atm.
    I personally like a new look with longer bonnet, which means possibly better access to the engine components.
    A new look will always grow on you, as you will see it more often on the road.
    With V6 TDi engine and I hope with 4motion this think should fly.

Quote Originally Posted by MRL T5 View Post
    A new look will always grow on you, as you will see it more often on the road.

I cannot agree on this point. I still dislike the styling on the crafter, not that I have seen many on the road. Does anyone like the styling on the Ssangyon range [ from the froot-loop rocket factory, as one motoring writer described it] That hasn't grow on me & I don't think it ever will. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me it looks like the Crafter & facelift T5 has an Asian influence which I dislike.

I should add that rarely does a low level photo, or upward angled shot, of any car do it justice, case in point the FG Falcon factory photos compared to media press photos....the factory stuff was bad. If 4motion auto came out with V6 I would definately "run the numbers". The T5 A6 has spoilt me...

Quote Originally Posted by jets View Post
    I cannot agree on this point. I still dislike the styling on the crafter, not that I have seen many on the road. Does anyone like the styling on the Ssangyon range [ from the froot-loop rocket factory, as one motoring writer described it] That hasn't grow on me & I don't think it ever will. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but to me it looks like the Crafter & facelift T5 has an Asian influence which I dislike.
    I think it's the vertical headlight design of the Crafter, gives the vehicle a narrow/squashed look that the current T5 with it's horizontal h/lights doesn't suffer. These updated T5 shots still retain a closer link to the current T5's headlight design..luckily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast