Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T5 Carpet wall and floor lining

Users Country Flag

T5 Carpet wall and floor lining

Hi Y'all, Recently lined a T5 Long Wheel base van and so impressed I have to let everybody know/T5 Carpet wall and floor lining-dscn0379-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Hi is that hull liner carpet as I would like to do my T4 LWB, How much did it take to do it & are those tie down loops standed T5 or aftermarket, looks really good.

Very nice.

Okay as a 40 year Motor Trimmer time for my comments --------------- Bloody good job I am impressed the Hull Liner or equivalent is just so good for that type of work . I have to ask what previous experience have you had is it your first one ? Did you use the same for the floor or use something heavier , and did you do any sound proofing whilst having the van stripped down .

Users Country Flag
    Great job.
    Ok, what did you use to line it with?

Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    2007 T5 Van LWB 2.5 Manual remapped (White)
    2013 Amarok Highline Auto (Natural Grey)

Nth QLD

The material Hull Liner used is sold through motor trimmer shops or you may be able to buy it directly from Nolans UDA here in Brisbane here is one I did last year for my mates T5 I prefer to use household grade carpet for the floor as its much more easily cleaned and is more durable My weekend project on my mates T5, MADE IT QUIET . Don't forget if you want to really quieten down the van use the sound deadener seen in the one I did as it really makes a huge difference , I have done up four VW's vans over the last few years for my friends and some of my sons mates dare I say it Toyota Hi Aces 3 off them .
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 08-04-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks yet again for the informed reply Sunny.
    Ive been really slack in doing my van, but am leaving the Defence force and taking a trip to Tassy, so want to set the van up a bit better.
    I went to Bunnings on Saturday to get a single sheet of 9mm Marine ply to do the floor. Biggest available is 2400 x 1200 so Ill need 2 to floor the LWB van.
    Do you recommend cutting the second sheet length wise or 2 sheets joind mid van?
    Ill then use checked lino to cover the floor.
    Yep, van is fully Dynamat Extremed and then sound deadened with suitable batts.
    Thanks again mate.

Ken
    2007 T5 Van LWB 2.5 Manual remapped (White)
    2013 Amarok Highline Auto (Natural Grey)

Nth QLD

When I did our own new van last year I ran one sheet front to back and just added the rest down one side making sure that the join is on one of the ribs that run front to rear , a few squirts of liquid nails will help to cut down any vibrations or movement .Woops just had a look back at my T5 Project photos and no I ran the joins from side to side not front to rear although I have done others that way .New T5 Project
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 08-04-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Hi sunny43.5 new to this page and have stumbled across your very nicely customised van, I have just purchased myself a 2014 t5 lwb and am very keen to get it all decked out like this one in the thread, do you have an email address that I can contact you on to discuss? Cheers mate awsome looking van very jealous haha

Hi HBrown email to eastcoastsun@optusnet.com.au

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast