Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: t5 bull bar

Users Country Flag

Nup, don't like that, it's a bit light on..

Users Country Flag

Bull Bar Update

Reviving an old thread

A couple new bull bar options for the T5.

Formula Off Road - bumper replacement needs the plastic bumper panel trimmed in order to use the grille portion. They also do it in powder coated steel.

Users Country Flag
    Baker and Priem have been doing a tubular bull bar for some time.

I'm not sure how it would hold up to a roo strike at 110km/hr...

Users Country Flag
    Tuff BullBars

Quote Originally Posted by MultiplexMan View Post
    Tuff BullBars

Yuk.

Where's the air horns and running lights?
    Steve
    04 T5 auto 2.5L TDI

Users Country Flag
    The Formula Off Road one looks OK.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

with the dust and flies in western Victoria
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiplexMan View Post
    Baker and Priem have been doing a tubular bull bar for some time.

I'm not sure how it would hold up to a roo strike at 110km/hr...
    Probably the same as any other properly made bull bar......it'll crumple into the front end.

I've never seen a bullbar survive a roo strike (steel or alloy) at highway speeds on any car, ute or SUV......except one.

Which was a handmade thing that was massively overbuilt and fitted to a LandCrusier ute - when it suffered a roo strike at around 100km/h, the bar didn't bend at all. What did bend was the chassis rails, one of which was shortened by 65mm and twisted about 10 degrees.

If that T5 with the Tuff bar hits a roo at highway speeds......it'll be thoroughly rooted. But it'll look wonderfully tuff doing it....<fail>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by wandaria View Post
    Folks I live in Queensland, anyone know a place in Queensland that supplies air bag rated bull bars to multivan comfortlines. I live in the country and animal strikes are a big problem.

thanks

Tim
    Hi Tim
    Bought a new T5 multivan,tried to have nudge bar and rear bar fitted but was unable due to parking sensors.Real pain as We also have animal strikes around here.
    Richard.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by upeggs View Post
    Hi Tim
    Bought a new T5 multivan,tried to have nudge bar and rear bar fitted but was unable due to parking sensors.Real pain as We also have animal strikes around here.
    Richard.
    Install parking cameras and disable parking sensors, that's what I would do.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Seano View Post
    Probably the same as any other properly made bull bar......it'll crumple into the front end.

I've never seen a bullbar survive a roo strike (steel or alloy) at highway speeds on any car, ute or SUV......except one.

Which was a handmade thing that was massively overbuilt and fitted to a LandCrusier ute - when it suffered a roo strike at around 100km/h, the bar didn't bend at all. What did bend was the chassis rails, one of which was shortened by 65mm and twisted about 10 degrees.

If that T5 with the Tuff bar hits a roo at highway speeds......it'll be thoroughly rooted. But it'll look wonderfully tuff doing it....<fail>
    Which is why fitting any bull bar to a modern car is thoroughly pointless. With modern crash design anything of substance is going to make the whole front of the car crumple regardless, and anything small enough not to do damage will just deform the plastic front bar momentarily before it pops back to shape. I'm originally from the country in Western Victoria and have hit plenty of animals at high speed (no roos thankfully, have come close a couple of times though) - I recall one where I hit a hare in a Fiesta XR4 at a speed I can't repeat here, got him right on the front left fog light no damage at all, the bumper just flexed when he impacted.

If you want to ruin the look of your car and reduce the effectiveness of the cooling and parking sensors, go right ahead. Otherwise just leave it alone.
    Last edited by flyingfridge; 05-02-2011 at 05:03 PM.
    Daily Car: Random BMWs | My Toy: R33 Skyline GT-R | GF's Car: 1954 Beetle 'Oval' | Our (Her) Car: Alfa Romeo MiTo Sport

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast