Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T5.5 Drawers for bench seat?

Users Country Flag

T5.5 Drawers for bench seat?

In the new T5.5 there are two drawers, one under each of the 2nd row captains chairs, and there is an option for three more drawers under the 3rd row bench seat. The only issue is these are only available as part of the "Good Night Package" which I don't have (or want).

What I don't know is if it's possible to retro fit these drawers or where you could get them?

Is it simply a case of sourcing the appropriate rails and drawers and screwing them in?
    Or is the rear bench physically different if you get this option?

I'm hoping it's the former and I'm hoping they can be found somewhere who will ship to Australia

Any ideas?

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Some T5 accessories are on this CZ site. This re. roof spoiler is approx. $100 + postage, and they would post to AU, I asked them.

I didn't spend long enough time on their site to find all T5 products they have. But I will try to order some accessories for our Tig in a near future.

In the new T5.5 there are two drawers, one under each of the 2nd row captains chairs, and there is an option for three more drawers under the 3rd row bench seat. The only issue is these are only available as part of the "Good Night Package" which I don't have (or want).

Is this the case with the MY11? ( i gather the T5.5 is the MY11 model) The March 2010 specifications show that they come with them, (quote "second row - 2 removable swivel seats with armrests and storage draws. Mounted on rails to allow longitudinal adjustment") but yet to see one that does? Maybe they are all 09 spec that are here atm without draws. The December 09 plate i drove had no draws.

I also want the draw system right throughout my van, and have wondered about the same thing. they goodnight package is ok, but i don't want the 3U5 Multiflex Board $950 which has to be optioned with the good night package $790. thats a lot of money for a few draws.

If you take off the covers that are there now, are there runners to suit the draws? If so you might be able to order the draws seperately.

Othe issue is the bar that moves your seat backwards and forwards. Notice on the picture above, it doesn't seem to be there, where on the second photo it can be seen. Makes me wonder how the seat moves backwards and forwards on the draw equipped chair.
    Last edited by Philbie; 29-08-2010 at 01:38 PM.
    2011 multi van comfortline in night blue metallic, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD in Mineral Grey

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post

What I don't know is if it's possible to retro fit these drawers or where you could get them?

Is it simply a case of sourcing the appropriate rails and drawers and screwing them in?
    Or is the rear bench physically different if you get this option?

I'm hoping it's the former and I'm hoping they can be found somewhere who will ship to Australia

Any ideas?
    Hi Hawk,

I found some cheap kitty litter trays from a 2 dollar shop, slide in perfectly great for kids stuff, beach towels and camping gear.

They slide as well when you move the seat.

just a cheap idea.

regards,
    The VW Bug
    2010 Golf 2.0 103kW TDI Manual White
    2011 Multivan 2.0 132kW TDI Sliver
    2018 Multivan 2.0 TDI White

Quote Originally Posted by Philbie View Post
    Othe issue is the bar that moves your seat backwards and forwards. Notice on the picture above, it doesn't seem to be there, where on the second photo it can be seen. Makes me wonder how the seat moves backwards and forwards on the draw equipped chair.
    The bar is on the front of the seat base, The draw is on the rear of the seat base.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob64981 View Post
    The bar is on the front of the seat base, The draw is on the rear of the seat base.
    100% spot on, the drawers are in the back of the two captains chais in the second row.

I assume the drawers are in the front of the third row bench but have looked in mine and, no, there are no rails in place so it would have to be something added. Last I spoke to parts there wasn't a part listed at all for these bits, so it's either a case of new model and not all the parts loaded yet or a case of if you have it and break one... your screwed

Will have to keep hunting and see what I can come up with. I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has the third row drawers in the new T5's.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Thanks to the wonderful work of Aaron at Southern Classic Cars I now have some part numbers

#7H5885860C - Rails (Drivers Side)
    #7H5885862C - Rail (Centre)
    #7H5885861C - Left (Passenger Side)
    #7H5885602A 71N - Drawers

Will have to hunt up some quotes to see how much I can get them for, first quote was $180ish per drawer and rail set.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone know what one of these bench seats weigh?
    I sort of had the intention of taking mine out on the odd occasion
    Someone suggested today those things are DAMN heavy
    The singles are heavy enough

I'd suggest a lot, even when the car is on a shallow incline you can feel the weight in that bench.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Will have to hunt up some quotes to see how much I can get them for, first quote was $180ish per drawer and rail set.
    Makes the goodnight package look like a steal.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast