Thread: T5 2007 Multivan Highline - transmission change abrupt

Users Country Flag

Question T5 2007 Multivan Highline - transmission change abrupt

At low acceleration the auto transmission change from 1-2, 2-3 is abrupt, under more load there is no issue. Any thoughts about what is causing this? I wonder if it's a vacuum hose leak.

What's the history, how many owners, are there any related entries in the service log ?
    There was a campaign early in the life of the T5s, where changes were made to faulty trans if there were complaints. Many owners talk of the same fault, probably not a vac issue.

Whilst there have been software updates to that model auto there is one thing that many owners miss and the VW dealerships will not tell them about .Inside that box is a filter which is designed to collect debris from wear and tear , when is starts to block then it causes issues with gear changes . How do I know this ? because thats what killed our auto many years ago in the same model . VW told us that because its sealed for life it can not be serviced so they leave that filter unchanged until it becomes so blocked that you lose all drive and the result will cost around $10 grand to replace / rebuild . I still have that $45 filter to prove my point , so if you can find an independant to actually open the sump get them to change that filter . Remember it is supposed to keep the fluid clean while running around all the components .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    VW told us that because its sealed for life it can not be serviced so they leave that filter unchanged until it becomes so blocked that you lose all drive and the result will cost around $10 grand to replace / rebuild .
    Sunny,

Closer to $11000 in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kiels3927 View Post
    Sunny,

Closer to $11000 in 2019
    Actually when I had ours done it was $8500 and VW paid for half that cost as I badgered them for 2 years on Facebook exposing the flawed design so I must have hit a raw nerve to have made them cough up half the repairs . Yes it did help that ABC TV was running a big story against VW at the time over Golf breakdowns which cost a young girls life in Victoria and they used my story in their investigation .