Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T5 2007 Multivan Highline auto issues.

No worries Jon. I think it is a reasonably standard size Allen key for the flange clap and not a torx. You mention intermittent smell, it may align when DPF ( Particulate filter) is regenerating say about every 500ks. A bit of a smell in the cabin when this happens occasion when idling at stand still. Not ideal though!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Caravelle View Post
    You mention intermittent smell, it may align when DPF ( Particulate filter) is regenerating say about every 500ks. A bit of a smell in the cabin when this happens occasion when idling at stand still. Not ideal though!
    It's becoming almost constant, reversing is worse, not so bad when standing behind with the engine running.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWil View Post
    Looking at the fuses, I've used the list on the T5 ESSENTIALS and added my installed fuse ratings and VIN in this google sheet:
    VW T5 2007 Multivan Highline - Google Sheets

or a screenshot of the shortened list of fuses:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x_v...ew?usp=sharing

Workshop manual:
    VW T5 Interior fuses 2003 - 2010 | Manualzz
    Based on the years of manufacture in the Workshop manual on Manualzz, it's going to take me a little longer to decipher these variations.

Compliance plate date: 01/2007
    Last edited by JonWil; 07-11-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I had a 08 Multivan with intermittent but also regular exhaust fume smell, i live in the country, almost always there would be no smell on the open road but regularly smelled at traffic lights or intersections, so that would likely rule out dpf burn cycle, I did fix an oil leak on turbo @nd a cracked egr pipe, anyway about two years ago sold the 08 and bought a 12 Multivan, shocked to discover new van with same smell ! 12 Van smell disappeared after I cleaned the dpf, not sure if it was the dpf itself causing the smell because when I removed exhaust pipe to clean the dpf I found the clamp not tight very tight on exhaust pipe, in hindsight I should have tried cle@ning dpf on 08 van, good luck

My experience is a very slightly loose top clamp at the top of the turbo to DPF is generally the culprit as previously mentioned. The almost constant smell when at the lights went away ( less likely to pick up smell at speed as it is blowing behind) when checked/tightened further. But it is worth checking/tightening the lower DPF to exhaust clamp as well as other exhaust clamps. The DPF clamps should be semi regularly checked for tension in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Caravelle View Post
    Re issue 2 it is not always a cracked or leaking manifold. In fact before heading down that path a free fix is to ensure the exhaust down pipe flange where it meets the turbo outlet is tight. It can loosened over time. Check/tighten with appropriate allen key spanner when cold. A little awkward to get the hand down there with the spanner. Good luck. Regards, Scott
    Exhaust manifold passenger side was loose above and below. Went for a short drive and didn't notice any fumes or warning lights. Haven't checked manifold to turbo yet... I'll do that if the issue isn't resolved.

Sounds like progress Jon. The other clamps at the front are easy to check if issue persists. Great when it is the simple things first! Cheers, Scott

Sorry, miss read. That it was infact the manifold. Scott

Quote Originally Posted by asto View Post
    I thought the auto had issues too! That’s exactly what I’m having fixed on mine ha
    On that topic of auto transmission, after tightening the top and bottom exhaust manifold nuts on the passenger side, the transmission changes are smoother.

I've attempted to consolidate the T5 fuse info as best I can. There's a gap in details from 2003 - 2008 where the the information isn't readily available.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yKi...ew?usp=sharing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast