Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: T5.2 OEM Radio Options - fitted post delivery

Users Country Flag

Is this pin code you are referring to Hawk?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    No idea, it normally comes on a card attached to the device... So that could be it... but I've never seen it come like that.

It's the code you put in to activate the device after install.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Guys I am toying with the idea of getting a RNS510 there are a few on ebay, if I am to get one I also want a reversing camera installed on my Duel Cab.
    Can one of you kindly point me to the one I should buy and a compatable camera?
    Does anyone in Sydney have any experiance with install?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by REVHE4D; 13-12-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    2011 T5 4MOTION Duel Cab Optioned up.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Revhead, i have just completed my install of an RNS-510 into my 2011 transporter and found it to be quite easy really. The coding was my most challenging i think. I'd be glad to offer what advice i can.
    Hawk and transporter are also both great resources.

2010 Skoda Octavia II (for sale)
    2011 VW Transporter 5 door
    2012 Audi A6 3.0 TDI Quattro
    S-line.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Fellas and happy new year. I'm looking at upgrading my stock radio to a DD unit to my 2014 T5 Transporter. With the RNS-510 units, there seems to be a few guys from Lithuania who sell these on E-bay, they seem to come from the same local location though (Kaunas). Is it the same guy? Also whats the difference between the units? I also see these are are 2nd hand (I'm not being picky) i just want to compare apples and apples to an Alpine unit I've been offered https://www.alpine.com.au/shop/perfe...ion-ine-w960a/ fitted for a pretty good price.

Would it be worth it throwing the VW unit into the T5 with no steering controls?

Users Country Flag
    While I have just decided to go aftermarket, in part because of this, thought I'd post my comment anyway.

I've got one of those fully optioned RCD-210's
    I don't have an aux fitted. So I found one of those dumb aux cables on ebay from Europe, removed the unit from the dash and installed the cable, but still no aux option available on the unit.
    There are apparently smart versions of this cable at a higher price but I couldn't find one on ebay atm.
    A little more reading and it seems I can only activate this dumb cable via VCDS...which I don't have... and would have to pay for.
    So in the end I decided to put that money towards something aftermarket where I am not locked into VW...and get a few more features than the 210
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Quote Originally Posted by aSimpleLife View Post
    While I have just decided to go aftermarket, in part because of this, thought I'd post my comment anyway.

I've got one of those fully optioned RCD-210's
    I don't have an aux fitted. So I found one of those dumb aux cables on ebay from Europe, removed the unit from the dash and installed the cable, but still no aux option available on the unit.
    There are apparently smart versions of this cable at a higher price but I couldn't find one on ebay atm.
    A little more reading and it seems I can only activate this dumb cable via VCDS...which I don't have... and would have to pay for.
    So in the end I decided to put that money towards something aftermarket where I am not locked into VW...and get a few more features than the 210
    What unit did you end up installing mate? Also done the same via the aux cord plugged into rear of OG radio and use aux through CD option but toying with different radios...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mtwem View Post
    What unit did you end up installing mate? Also done the same via the aux cord plugged into rear of OG radio and use aux through CD option but toying with different radios...
    Sorry for the delay. Because it's OT I posted in this thread. I got the Kenwood DDX9017DABS
    T5 transporter aftermarket radio options
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789