Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T5.2 OEM Radio Options - fitted post delivery

Users Country Flag

Hey Sharkie,

The car being displayed and not a van is probably a firmware thing. Found this old post on a GTi forum.

Volkswagen RNS 510 Firmware version 2700 / 2702 / 2704 / 2706 / 2708 Announcement

2700 – VW Cars
    2702 – Toureg
    2704 – Skoda Columbus
    2706 – T5 Transporter
    2708 – T5 Multivan

I have a new Multi on order myself and plan to retro fit a RNS510. The unit I bought has FW 2720 which I am guessing is newer and for cars. Just have to track down latest firmware for RNS510 in Multi.
    2012 Caddy Maxi Life
    2011 Multivan
    2008 Skoda Scout (Gone.......L)

Here's a few screen shots of my RCD510 in my MY11 Multivan

2011 multi van comfortline in night blue metallic, 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD in Mineral Grey

T5.2 OEM Radio Options - fitted post delivery

Philbie or Sharkie, I have Mthe RCD510 ready to install into my T5 Multi.
    Wonder if you guys could offer some advise on how to get the plastic surround off to get access to the screws,

Your posts have been a massive help.

thanks guys.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Getting the top tray off

The tray on the top lifts off, pull gently upwards on the edge closest to the window and it all comes off. This will expose 2 hex screws. Undo these and the whole facia comes off. Remember to pull gently but steadily. Then undo the hex screws holding the radio in and lift it clear. Unplug the cables and then redo all in reverse. Takes less than 10mins.

I found its easiest to pull near the 2 ridges that run lengthwise.

Note: when you switch on the radio 1st time, it will ask for the security code before allowing you to use it.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Fitting the RNS510 in the Tig
    Is this the model that has the squared off corners instead of the rounded corners which can/may fit into a 2009 T5?
    If so, where can I get one, or more importantly, would it integrate into my Caravelle to replace an RCD200?

With the help of Guy, got the RNS510 coded today using VCDS.

MFD now fully integrates with the RNS510

Note: the aftermarket RNS510 here as commonly found on Ebay, displays the outline of a car in the Park Distance Control screen. The factory fitted RNS510 displays the outline of a Multivan. This is the only difference found so far.

Summary:

1. So, for less than $500 can you fit a VW OEM RCD510 radio, colour touchscreen, 6 CD shuttle & SD Card functions that fully integrates with the Climate Control, Park Distance Control & factory fitted Bluetooth.

2. So, for about $1000 can you fit a VW OEM RNS510 radio, SatNav, colour touchscreen, DVD Player & SD Card functions that fully integrates with the Climate Control, Park Distance Control & factory fitted Bluetooth as well as the MFD display.
    will option 2 work if you have a multifuntion wheel but with no blue tooth. can you install blue tooth seperatly

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    RNS510 will certainly work without the factory fitted bluetooth. If you have the MF steering wheel you will still have full MFD and OPS integration.

In fact the RNS510 will work without the MF steering wheel as well. I believe you then lose the MFD integration though, but all functions of the RNS510 can be accessed on its touch screen and buttons. It will still show the OPS integration.

I also believe you can retrofit the Bluetooth as well, but have not tried that.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

RNS510 will certainly work without the factory fitted bluetooth. If you have the MF steering wheel you will still have full MFD and OPS integration.

In fact the RNS510 will work without the MF steering wheel as well. I believe you then lose the MFD integration though, but all functions of the RNS510 can be accessed on its touch screen and buttons. It will still show the OPS integration.

I also believe you can retrofit the Bluetooth as well, but have not tried that.
    thank you
    where is the best to buy these units from

Users Country Flag

Smile

Having just taken delivery of my mv with surprise factory fitted blutooth, I thoroughly advise getting it. It,s so far the feature I love the most having never had a blutooth hands free in a car before it is totally amazing to use, clear as a bell and fixed the terrible 3 reception I normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by Gybesports View Post
    Having just taken delivery of my mv with surprise factory fitted blutooth, I thoroughly advise getting it. It,s so far the feature I love the most having never had a blutooth hands free in a car before it is totally amazing to use, clear as a bell and fixed the terrible 3 reception I normally get.
    Unless you have some form of phone coupler to increase signal strength I'm not sure a bluetooth device will actually improve phone reception although it will bypass the internal phone speaker. Or does the VW system actually have a form of signal coupling as well?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast