Thread: T5.1 Timing Belt Service

T5.1 Timing Belt Service

Hi all,

I've got a T5.1 2010 Transporter SWB Manual, and bought it at around 60k km. I've just had a service at 110k and couldnt find the original service book that indicates timing for major service, clutch change, and timing belt change.

Could anyone here fill me in on past experiences, and knowledge surrounding KM's completed, major service timing and a new timing belt?

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Timing belt is due at 105,000kms/7 years, whichever comes first.

Next major service is at 120K.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Also a suggestion ask the mechanic to fit a robustness kit when they do the belts , it will give you peace of mind if the drive belt gives out prematurely . My mates drive belt let go while idling in a workshop and it got dragged into the timing belt and then twisted the cam shafts causing a $3000 plus repair bill . A week later I had our belts done and had the Robustness kit fitted , now I sleep better at night .

Great thanks all, seems i've/mechanic has dropped the ball on this one. Sitting at 111k and the guy i've been referred to can't get to it until late next week. I'm just driving maybe 15-30kms a day to and from work but now I know I'm 6k km over, i'd be lying if I said I didnt think it is about to go every time i get in the car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtwem View Post
    Great thanks all, seems i've/mechanic has dropped the ball on this one. Sitting at 111k and the guy i've been referred to can't get to it until late next week. I'm just driving maybe 15-30kms a day to and from work but now I know I'm 6k km over, i'd be lying if I said I didnt think it is about to go every time i get in the car.
    Just make sure your accessories belt is in good condition and keep going till the timing belt can be replaced. They never fail unless the accessories belt forces itself in.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    Timing belt is due at 105,000kms/7 years, whichever comes first.

Next major service is at 120K.
    what’s involved in the 120k service?

Users Country Flag

Fuel filter, cabin filter, DSG service (where fitted), and Haldex (where fitted).
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0