Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: T5.1 Multivan Remmaped by PENDLE performance

T5.1 Multivan Remmaped by PENDLE performance

I have owned a 2005 400nm , 2009 400nm and now a 2014 400nm Multivan. (I like Multivans) I have known about Pendle Performance UK and the quality of their tuning for over 10 years but there was no agent here to do it.

Thankfully that has now changed!!

Pendle Performance Australia is now located in Sydney.

Marcus the agent was fantastic to deal with. I asked him many many questions and when I discovered he is an ex WRC mechanic I felt confident in his ability to do a good job.

My 2014 had a full remap done, it’s now so much nicer to drive!

Quicker off the line and quicker gear changes. Power delivery is very smooth and consistent with no flat spots or surges.

Acceleration in every gear is now really even and continuous. Overtaking feels safer.

The engines sounds smoother.

The tuning box I had on my 2009 Multivan felt agricultural in comparison to this Pendle tune, and the Pendle tune is bespoke to my vehicles data log and was cheaper as well.

I highly recommend taking the time to contact Marcus from Pendle Performance Australia if you are thinking of remapping your vehicle.
    2014 T5.1 Multivan Tuned by Pendle Performance Australia

Thanks for that little write-up, mate! I have been getting a hankering for a bit of tuning of late, was going to see if APR had any EOFY promo's coming up like they do from time to time. Pendle seems to have a pretty faithful following in the UK... Will definitely give them some consideration!
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

What was the cost of the Pendle? Now superchips Australia has closed, there aren't many reputable, well known and proven tuners around for the diesels.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cost of the Tune was $700. I believe Martin from Pendle UK is going to be offering a discount to all agents to be passed on to customers as part of a Covid recovery plan as the UK agents are really hurting due to the lockdown.

It would be best to contact Marcus via the Pendle Performance Australia Facebook page to confirm if/when that discount is happening.

I had the family in the car on the weekend and I got the smartarse skeptical comments from wife and teenagers about showing them how much faster the car was. After the first full throttle run they all agreed they could feel the difference.

Users Country Flag
    That's the Twin turbo model?

Any word on impacts on the DPF with the extra power?

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Yes Twin Turbo, 132kw 400nm.

No real talk of the effect on the DPF. It’s not like I doubled the power and am running twice as much volume through it.

I also think that’s the difference between having a custom tune for my vehicle rather than a stock tune or even worse one of those cheap plugin box that just trick the computer in to dumping more fuel in.

Biggest effect that I have heard on the DPF is short trips or lots if start stop heavy traffic.

I do regular sustained trips in 80kph+ zones and have never had a problem or had the DPF do a regen on either of my Multivans.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
    have never had a problem or had the DPF do a regen on either of my Multivans.
    The DPF fills up with soot while the engine runs and the car will do a regen every so many hundred km's. If you do regular 80kph driving for sustained periods of time then its possible you may never have interrupted a regen, and the regens occur while you are driving so you are none the wiser that they are taking place. The DPF tends to fill up more quickly with "around town" driving where you are on and off the throttle more often.

My SQ5 religiously does a regen every 500-550km's. The DPF behaviour has not changed since the car was stock to when I had it tuned around 5 months ago. I use an app called VAGDPF to monitor it once or twice a week. It only does a regen when the following criteria are met:

- DPF reaches 100% full (usually around 24 grams of soot mass)
    - Fuel level is above 1/3 tank
    - Oil temp is above 80 degrees

Although its my wife's car, she drives from Newcastle to Raymond Terrace and back 3-4 times a week for work, but it also gets some short drives around town in between for shopping, driving into town to go for a walk along the Foreshore etc. I find the car almost always starts a regen when we are 5 mins from home, leaving two choices: 1) drive home and interrupt the regen (which I dont like to do, but sometimes you have to), or 2) go for a pointless "long way home" drive and let the DPF regen completely.

A complete regen takes about 20 mins of driving to complete.

Without the app I mentioned above, the only sign in my SQ5 that a regen is in progress is that if you turn the engine off the engine fans will be running and will remain running for a good 10-15 mins. There is absolutely no noticeable difference in idle speed, fuel consumption etc.

Thankfully, with the app, it tells me when a regen starts, and then I can see the values lowering as the regen carries out and then the app tells me once it has all finished.

Some info here on the app: VAG DPF app on Android to monitor DPF
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 31-05-2021 at 12:32 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    It's great to see another local option for the remapping of T5/T6 diesels, my T6 is now out of warranty

Did they do dyno testing before and after for your custom tune?

regards,
    2017 VW T6 3200KG GVM LWB 132kW 7 Speed DSG (Campervan Conversion)

We data logged my van on the road, he then sent that file and the ECU download to the UK. He had the new remapped file back within half an hour. Loaded it onto the ECU, and then we drove the car on the road again and it felt instantly better. He then did a second data log with the remap and sent that to the UK. They checked that and all was good!

I’m guessing if they were not happy with the second log they would modify the map again and repeat the process.

Users Country Flag

Hi Ivo.
    Are you still enjoying the remap after two months?

I have just had my single turbo 7spd dsg remapped yesterday by Marcus of Pendle performance Australia.
    Wow does it pull now. Only done the 280km from Sydney to Canberra and at highway speeds on cruise but it just seems effortless to maintain 115km/hr even up long hills it just pulled up them in 7gear at 115.
    Over taking is no longer chore just push and go��

Still need to spend some time driving the roads I use every day to I’m one happy van driver.

Marcus was very pleasant to deal with and was happy to field any questions.
    The reason I choose this company was for the fact that they are backed by a well know and product developer thats after the best driving experience, instead of making the most power that reduce longevity of your equipment.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast