Support VWWC

Thread: T4 engine conversion info

T4 engine conversion info

Hey guys how are you it痴 good to be on a forum I知 new in the Vw field I have a 1999 t4 auto 2.5i the trans is playing up and assume had it
    I知 in Sydney and I知 looking to do an engine conversion something more newer and powerful like a golf turbo engine and looking to see if anybody has experience doing this kid of conversion to help me and know if any mechanics who can help with this build?
    And is it going to cost me a fortune?
    Also Iv found some body kits for the t4 I like from overseas any ideas how easy it is to access this stuff and pricing for shipping high?
    Thanks heaps would be stoked if I could get some help as I知 keen to get my t4 pumping again and so I can hit some shows 😁

There was a post on here a few years back where someone had done transplant but I can,t remember which donk he used , also there used to be a Forum sponsor who did one as well but I just checked and they are permanently closed . I did a transplant on my sons T4 some years ago but it was the gutless 2.4 non turboed diesel that we removed and then fitted a 2.5 petrol one as they are a great engine . I bought a T4 off Ebay for $3600 that was the 2.5 petrol drove it from Coffs Harbour to Brissie and did the swap , I put the old diesel engine from my son,s into the donor van did a good clean up on the inside fixed the seats and some minor paint touch up stuck it back on Ebay and sold it for $4500 Bargain!
    Last edited by Sunny43.5; 23-05-2020 at 03:06 PM.