Thread: T4 capacity

Smile T4 capacity

Newbie here

Just deciding on a new used van for my business, what has the larger rear cargo area a T4 or a Toyota hiace mid wheel base?? Any suggestions??

Cheers

Steve

Are you comparing a LWB or SWB T4 to the Toyota. If it's LWB T4 then it will be larger and with wing doors can allow forklift unloading for example. Apart from the Toyota SBV you can't get wing doors. On standard rear springs the T4 will sag more with a heavy load over the rear wheels although it will always drive/handle/brake/steer better and a set of insert bladders such as Polyairs or even replacement rear springs will solve this....just slam shut the T4 over the Toyota and "hear" the greater body strength of the VW...running costs will favour the Hiace as new parts can get expensive on high km VW's.

Are you looking at diesel or petrol models? If petrol then I'd consider an LPG install as well. There are lots of other factors to compare and consider so if cargo volume isn't your only criteria maybe you could list them and some current T4 owners could assist you. I actually traded from a (new) '97 LWB T4, (2.5 5speed, pet/lpg, 297,000km) to a '07 T5 LWB auto diesel and came from a Mazda E-series before that.
    Last edited by Tornado T5; 19-11-2007 at 11:30 PM.