Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Users Country Flag

And so it starts.....my new LIFTED T5 LWB Motion

So I picked up my 2012 T5 last Monday from Adelaide and drove it back home to Melbourne the same day.
    First thing on the to-do list is get it registered in Vic and remove the ugly as sin nudge bar and lights combo from up front!
    Before

After

It's 2012 LWB manual 4motion with a diff lock and factory dual battery setup.
    It will be my daily driver/work van (I'm an electrician) but it will also be our weekender/MTB fun vehicle as well because I don't have to carry stock just my tools.
    Plans ahead are:
    Rubber floor mat for the rear - ordered arriving early next week.
    Install stereo from previous van along with tool boxes and add lots more tie down points in the back.
    Fill the inside of the rear panels with insulation to lower the road noise.
    Tint the windows.
    Fit new bigger wheels and tyres - going for 17x7.5 with 245/65x17 Toyo rubber.
    Install 30mm raised King Springs.
    Colour code front and rear bumpers and add front bumper lower trim and fog lamps in factory location.
    Add LED light bar in front bumper.
    Fit rear roof spoiler.
    Fit different unbadged grill.
    Remove tow bar with step and replace with tow bar without step. Trying to reduce departure angles.

That's it for now but know doubt it will be a constant work in progress, adding new stuff as I venture further offroad. Thinking underbody protection, DPF delete and retune, possibly a winch.

Stay tuned and I'll keep the thread updated as I do more.

Cheers Markee
    Last edited by Markee; 05-11-2016 at 07:48 PM. Reason: title change

Nice ride looks so much better without that bar same for the rear , question what year model was your previous one as the stereo,s are different between the 2004 to 2010 model then 2010 onwards is the new shape .

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Cheers Sunny. Stereo is coming out of an old Toyota Hiace so not even related. I can't justify close to $1000 for the double din touchscreen RNS thingy when my Pioneer bluetooth compatible head unit will fit with a new single din dash surround that I've ordered from the UK. My RCD210 stereo will also be up for sale.

Ok just checking as you would know there are other replacement units for all the T5 models , I have a unit from China which is the exact same size as the 2010 onwards dash in both our vans . Has all the functions like Bluetooth Gps DAB+ radio and Android OS touch screen etc for around $450 delivered .

Got a link for the China stereo Sunny?

Has anyone had any luck at turning off the daytime running lights themselves?
    And what about a way to change the secondary digital speedo from mph to kph?
    Last edited by Markee; 11-09-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Top brands units with the carplay feature are less than $1000, so you would be 1/2 way onto buying something better, IMO.

Users Country Flag
    Interested to know why you'd disable daytime running lights - anything to make yourself more visible to the moronic masses behind the wheels these days are a must!

Also, look for an RDC510 on eBay. Per a sticky thread on here, she will slip right in, and you can even get them with the factory bluetooth module, also a plug in, for under $300.

Users Country Flag
    I have an RCD 510 with reversing camera input with a Bluetooth unit (did not use the Bluetooth as I had one fitted) $150 plus postage.

Worked well but got the audio bug and changed out for a Erisin unit but sent it back after problems. Then put in an a RNS510 for the moving map.

Cheers guys. I'm going to stick with my Pioneer single din head unit and speakers as I find using Google Maps on my phone for GPS is perfect. It also connects to my Iphone and comes with a mic for perfect hands free calls and seamless wireless music.

Users Country Flag

Husky, i'd love to take you up on that offer if it still stands? Will PM you.
    Cheers,
    Anthony.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast