Support VWWC

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by scotinoz View Post
    Hey mate, to centre bore mount these wheels I assume requires an adaptor ring?
    Hey mate, no these wheels do not need an adapter ring. The centre bore is the right size for the hub.

Update Time.

So a few things have changed but not to the van so much. I scored a new full time job at Victorian Ski Resort Falls Creek so we packed up our lives in the city and moved 4 hours north to the country.
    Prior to going I was able to finally finish off my bed platform for the rear, fits a single easily with my work gear in there but once it's removed a queen mattress fits perfectly. Totally removeable and just lives in the garage when I'm not using it.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5167_heic-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5168_heic-x3-jpg
    For the first month I was there alone and stayed on mountain in staff accom and I was actually able to get out for a drive out to Pretty Valley Lake and Mt McKay the day before the road was closed for the snow season.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5346-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5350-x3-jpg

And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5347-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5353-x3-jpg

And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5368-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5371-x3-jpg
    On arriving though I faced a small problem with my 265/65 tyres and snow chains, they didn't fit with these massive tyres and I need to carry/use them if I want to drive into the resort!
    So ordered a new set of 255/65r17 Toyo Open Country AT2's and 5 new King D Hole 17x8 ET30 rims, headed back to Melbs to have them fitted up and they are great. Fit perfect with no rubbing, because I made room for the bigger 265's and chains now fit and I can drive with them on if needed. I also now have a full size spare up on the roof. Something I've wanted for a while and now I'm in an environment where I can actually take it offroad it couldn't have been better timing for it.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5644-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_6048-x3-jpg
    Also got out for a sneaky fire road run locally too. More of this over the coming months for sure.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5972-x3-jpg
    Latest small upgrade was captains chair armrests. Picked them up used on Facebook marketplace and then ordered the mount brackets from Kernow Transporters in the UK. They finally turned up and of course didn't fit.
    That wasn't going to stop me so in true Markee fashion, I made them fit! Not sure why I didn't get them sooner to be honest.

And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_6085-x3-jpg
    Patch collection is also coming along nicely with a few more in the mail as I type this.
    In other news, the move north didn't coincide well with the under body protection procurement and install, so I never got it. Something I feel I'll definitely need when hitting the tracks up here in the High Country. Will be following it up in the coming months, same goes with the rear wheel tailgate carrier from the UK, Covid ruined that idea quick fast.
    The view from our lounge at the new place in Tawonga South goes alright too.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_5697-x3-jpg
    Cheers Markee Mark
    Last edited by Markee; 05-09-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Mate what a move, couldn't time better with all the COVID stuff going down eh? Out of the city and into the fresh air.

Interested on hearing more about your new wheel/tyre fit, would you be able to DM me (or post here if you prefer) the cost all up for them? About to get a 4mo and want to get similar sized. Did you mean that you already have them set up to fit by having that extra lift? Wondering if they'll fit on standard suspen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtwem View Post
    Mate what a move, couldn't time better with all the COVID stuff going down eh? Out of the city and into the fresh air.

Interested on hearing more about your new wheel/tyre fit, would you be able to DM me (or post here if you prefer) the cost all up for them? About to get a 4mo and want to get similar sized. Did you mean that you already have them set up to fit by having that extra lift? Wondering if they'll fit on standard suspen.
    Yeah timing was pretty good although lockdowns have affected us massively as well. Fresh mountain air is just a mad crazy bonus extra.

Price for the 5 wheels/tyres/nuts/caps and fitting was just under $2k but I also get a great deal as it’s a friends tyre shop.

I don’t think 255 would fit on standard suspension to be honest. I think the widest on a +ET30 rim would be 245 and even they would probably rub on the inner guard at full lock.

The 255 fit on my van because 1. Yes I have extra lift over just raised springs but also 2. I made extra room prior when I fitted the 265’s by modifying the inner guards as well.

For standard 4Mo suspension, unraised, I think 235/65r17 All Terrain tyres work on the standard wheel with a +ET55 rim.

+ET30 rims definitely make it easier to fit a wider tyre, that’s for sure.

Awesome thanks for the detailed response Mark.

I'll have to suss out some options when it arrives on those sizes and see how it works.

Cheers,

Hey Markee, are you the only T5 4motion owner in resort? Or it there another one? We got a lift from the hotel to the carpark by a guy that owned 4motion T5
    Was right back at the end of June/start of July though. I was just looking at boos bash plates and wondered if you had fitted them yet, I wonder if they would do a deal on 2! We are SWB though

Quote Originally Posted by Modacious View Post
    Hey Markee, are you the only T5 4motion owner in resort? Or it there another one? We got a lift from the hotel to the carpark by a guy that owned 4motion T5
    Was right back at the end of June/start of July though. I was just looking at boos bash plates and wondered if you had fitted them yet, I wonder if they would do a deal on 2! We are SWB though
    Hey mate, yes there is one other that I know of, he’s a friend but his is a T6. Resort management also run a few for people transport around the village and to the car parks as well.
    I ran out of time to get back to Boos before I had to come up here and start work so didn’t get a plate fitted. Lockdown has prevented my return as well. Hoping to get back to Melbourne sometime soon and get one though.
    No difference in the front engine plates between short and long wheel base.

Finally got to getting my front engine bash plate fitted from Boos Bash Plates here in VIC.
    It is a 4mm steel plate which fits perfectly using 4 of the six original mounting bolts and is rock solid.
    They are also available in 6mm aluminium by special request if weight is an issue.
    I am taking the van back to have a fuel tank guard measured up next.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-whbslmx-x4-jpg

https://mug.shainsingh.com/MarkeeMar...rter/i-vrHzN7Q

Also added these side indicator repeaters recently as well.

Users Country Flag

What an epic thread. Had to register on here to say thanks. Picked up a 4Motion T5 this week and this has provided heaps of useful advice. Cheers.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast