Support VWWC

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Will go out tonight and grab some photos with the lights on.

May I ask why you put the LED bar on a separate switch ? when I did both of ours I just fitted a 30amp relay in the engine bay next to the battery then it was only necessary to tap into the high beam wire to the headlight as all the relay requires is a 12v signal to trip the relay . No power from the headlights is used while the LED bar is on as the relay just transfers the power direct from the battery saves a heap of extra wiring and fitting another switch . Yours looks good in place almost double the size of ours .

Cheers. The wiring loom is supplied like that, relay, switch, adapter for H4 globes, cabling, all plug and play. It was only an extra $25 for the loom so with the light bar it cost $105. I fitted it so very cheap upgrade.
    Also I like the idea of being able to isolate the light bar from the high beams and use them without it. For instance when you are driving on a freeway at night and there are cars further up the road, the light bar would blind them where just the high beams would not.
    Last edited by Markee; 02-01-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Yes see your point those LED bars are awesome and yes blinding , but I have a no high beam policy when driving behind other cars regardless of how far in front of me they are . High beams can be very bright even at a distance when seen in the rear view mirrors , but I agree an isolation switch would make sense .

Here are some photos of the different beams. Using upgraded H4 headlight globes 100/90W 6000k
    Low beam

High beam

High beam with LED light bar on.

I will probably adjust the tilt on the light bar once I'm out in the bush for a better aim/spread.

Yes look a bit low too much intensity up close .

Installed a dual 2.1A USB outlet today in the new fascia pocket to keep it out of the way and not drill into any factory parts. I also bought it without realising how big it was, needing a 30mm hole for recessed fitment. This is the other reason for placement here. It also came with a digital battery voltage meter. It's only 'live' when the ignition is on which for now will do.

Raised King Springs ordered today along with some spring compressors to fit them.
    New wheels and A/T tyres will be ordered next week.

Fitted the springs up. Happy with the result so far although I killed a ball joint in the process so need to replace that asap.
    Will wait for it to settle and take some measurements before fitting the new wheels and tyres. But so far looking good for the overall height I wanted.
    Before

After

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast