Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by tenrohle View Post
    What an epic thread. Had to register on here to say thanks. Picked up a 4Motion T5 this week and this has provided heaps of useful advice. Cheers.
    Awesome mate. Glad you enjoyed it. Stay tuned as I’ve got another update coming shortly.

Also any questions just ask, happy to help any way I can.

It makes you wonder back in the late 90,s T4,s had a metal under engine cover jump forward to 2012 and you get nothing , very stupid really as there are lots of vunerable engine parts just waiting for a rock or something else . Reminds me of our other van the T5 2.5 Turbo diesel the whole underside was covered except for one vital part , diesel fuel tank cooler was totally exposed directly behind the front passenger's front wheel , yes that's the one that is more likely to throw a rock up when that wheel gets off the edge of the road . I was picking my son up one night when we had to pull off the road to avoid an oncoming car I heard a thump but did not realize it was tree branch that punctured the diesel cooler, at the next intersection while waiting for the lights to change it was pumping diesel across the road and as we turned the van did a huge slide which would have been the envy of drift racers . That's when I found a stupid design flaw once again from those Euro,s . [Nice bash plate by the way Markee ]

Users Country Flag
    It's been a year now since the OP's last post. Hopefully his T5 is still serving him well.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Quote Originally Posted by aSimpleLife View Post
    It's been a year now since the OP's last post. Hopefully his T5 is still serving him well.
    I guess this means an update is due? haha

Update incoming!

So here we go. Life hasn't stopped and I've still been "working" on the van as well as working out of it again, I quit my job at Falls Creek and am back working for myself. Although now getting closer to retiring it from work duties and turning it into a full time camper.
    First up I added a raised air intake I purchased from Dirk at Rellum Design in Germany. Simple enough install and added a K&N panel filter around the same time.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-pvpnhbg-x4-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_6813-x2-jpg
    Next I added a Super Swing Arm from Single Trail Rack to enable quick efficient access to my tail gate. This rack rarely leaves my tow bar and has the convenience of being able to tow a trailer while leaving the rack in-situ.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-rm48hrj-x4-jpg
    Next big one on the list was upgrading my whole Auxiliary battery setup to Enerdrive 200Ah Lithium battery, DC/DC charger, 2000W inverter, 180W roof mounted solar panel, Victron Smart Shunt and Victron Solar Controller. New cabling, battery location and a whole lot of puzzling to get it installed.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-nrrww26-x4-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-vmk3pqx-x4-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-pkvgvfc-x4-jpg
    DC/DC provides charg from car alternator and also receives input from my solar blanker when parked up/camping.
    Victron Solar Controller provides constant charging while stationary and while driving. So when on the move I'm getting max amps from both alternator and rooftop solar. Works a treat.

Added a Sirrocco fan for the passengers and when we're camping and the kiddo is sleeping in the van. We sleep in a swag.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-xmglsrq-x3-jpg
    Also upgraded to Bilstein B6 shocks all round and the difference over standard is night and day. Worth the money for sure.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-v3snqpd-x4-jpgAnd so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-fzwzwwr-x4-jpg
    Changed out the way I mount my recovery boards too, gives me more room on the roof and easier access. I've mounted them on the side of the roof rack now instead of the top. Brackets by Rhino Rack.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-jpksmwz-x3-jpg
    Lastly a bunch of random photos of our adventures over the last year. Tassie, local tracks/paddle boarding & Stockton Sand Dunes.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-3xsx79s-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-hdtjznm-x3-jpg
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-rmd5wjm-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-xhnhkjl-x3-jpg
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-hx49fsh-x4-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-cfrrncf-x4-jpg
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-9wnrnl5-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-mhprg9r-x3-jpg And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-i-c8dht9b-x3-jpg
    Stockton Beach Tour was lead by Alex from 4Motion Adventures through Great Divide Tours
    VW 4Motion Stockton Beach Tour (1 day)
    Highly recommend this tour. So much fun and the vans were all so super capable.

Cheers Markee

Users Country Flag
    Good to see that the journey continues. There are so many horror stories with the bi-turbo's. But it sounds like your repair has lasted. That tour looks great...unfortunately I don't have the 4motion. You've done great work.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________
    VW Transporter T5 MY10 Van M 6spd 2.0DT 103kw White. Long wheel base. Standard roof?

Quote Originally Posted by aSimpleLife View Post
    Good to see that the journey continues. There are so many horror stories with the bi-turbo's. But it sounds like your repair has lasted. That tour looks great...unfortunately I don't have the 4motion. You've done great work.
    Thanks mate.

Love the pics not only of the conversions but also the camping set up .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Love the pics not only of the conversions but also the camping set up .
    Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    Today I fitted the 'modified' vacuum hoses as per Volkswagens TPI 2027520/13, to solve the 'moo valve' noises coming from within the engine bay.
    Symptoms included the mooing noise and also when revving out in say 2nd gear the car would just lose all power, like it was losing boost, and then slowly pick it up again as you change up a gear.
    Taking it for a test drive was an absolute revelation as it now pulls hard, on boost all the way into the higher rev's (did this as a test only because, yes I know they don't make power up there) and it does not lose boost between gear changes and the mooing has stopped!

A massive thank you must go out to Transparu on here for getting in touch with me about the issue after I posted a wanted add for a place to find the hoses online due to them being exorbitantly expensive here in aus, he not only found them.........in Czechoslovakia no less, then ordered, paid and sent them to me in Melbourne, all without wanting payment till I received them. Cheers mate.

My suggestion to anyone with this problem that hasn't got the upgraded hoses to do this before just replacing the N75 valves. I am not actually sure when they were issued as a new model factory replacement so it would be up to you to check.

Part number for both sets of hoses are as follows:
    Bi-TDI CFCA engines
    7E0129458N
    7E0129458M

If you need the ones for single turbo just ask.

The VW Technical Product Information article is 2027520/13
    And thread from the dead!
    I realize this post was many years ago, but do you still have info on the revised hose routing Markee?

I have a new valve on the way for my 2.0 single turbo, and would prefer to do everything all at once.

thanks in advance!

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast