Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Colour coding the bumpers makes a huge visual difference as well. Thats the first thing i did to mine and a tune.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by garydowling1 View Post
    Colour coding the bumpers makes a huge visual difference as well. Thats the first thing i did to mine and a tune.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Hey Gary, did you just take the car to a panel shop and they did the colour coding of the bumpers that were on the vehicle? I'm wondering if I'll need new ones as mine are a textured finished and I'm not sure of the process/if they can be painted and finished to the same level as the body?

My 32" LED light bar with loom has turned up and I've just ordered the wiring harness parts to connect the Pioneer head unit plug and play. Also got white globes coming for the DRL's and hi/lo beam headlights and parkers. LED light bar loom has provision to plug n play with the head lamp globes which is perfect for a clean install.
    Plan is to mount the light bar within the grill in the bumper (I'll have to remove the grill section), mounted with some fabricated brackets to the chassis for strength and have it switched to come on with the high beams.

Can anyone advise if the stereo comes standard with 4 speakers? 2 in the dash corners and one in each door?

I took my bumpers off myself and brought them to a shop, they need to be plasti primed first before being painted or it will just flake off.
    Where did you get all the globes? Im keen to upgrade mine as well, any pics yet?

vw t5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    Hey Gary, did you just take the car to a panel shop and they did the colour coding of the bumpers that were on the vehicle? I'm wondering if I'll need new ones as mine are a textured finished and I'm not sure of the process/if they can be painted and finished to the same level as the body?

My 32" LED light bar with loom has turned up and I've just ordered the wiring harness parts to connect the Pioneer head unit plug and play. Also got white globes coming for the DRL's and hi/lo beam headlights and parkers. LED light bar loom has provision to plug n play with the head lamp globes which is perfect for a clean install.
    Plan is to mount the light bar within the grill in the bumper (I'll have to remove the grill section), mounted with some fabricated brackets to the chassis for strength and have it switched to come on with the high beams.

Can anyone advise if the stereo comes standard with 4 speakers? 2 in the dash corners and one in each door?
    Here is the front of both our vans with the Cree light bar fitted , early T5 and T5.1 onwards Vw t5 brighter headlight options!!

Very nice looks tidy. Did you fit your white globes yet?

vw t5.1

Cheers for the info Gary, I'll be doing the same with my bumpers too.
    Globes haven't arrived yet (bought these from HERE), upgraded to 100/90W headlight and LED DRL's along with the LED light bar hopefully fit them this weekend. Will shoot some photos as I install for future reference.

Not yet Gary seems like one of those I'll gettaround2it jobs one day Ha Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny43.5 View Post
    Not yet Gary seems like one of those I'll gettaround2it jobs one day Ha Ha
    Haha i have plenty of those jobs myself.

vw t5.1

Quote Originally Posted by Markee View Post
    Cheers for the info Gary, I'll be doing the same with my bumpers too.
    Globes haven't arrived yet (bought these from HERE), upgraded to 100/90W headlight and LED DRL's along with the LED light bar hopefully fit them this weekend. Will shoot some photos as I install for future reference.
    Look forward to seeing the pics.

vw t5.1

I've finally gotten some time, and the parts, to install my head unit and LED light bar. Although in my rush to get things under way when I first bought the car I ordered the wrong single din fascia for the stereo so I now have one for nearly T5 if anyone is interested?
    This is the switch supplied for the light bar and where I mounted it in the dash. It took a little work with the dremel but I got there in the end. That particular blanking plug already had a screw hole in it so I attacked in without the worry of making any mistakes as I would replace it anyway if it turned out junk.
    The switch basically isolates the light bar from the high circuit so it can only be run with the high beams otherwise it's switched off.

I fitted the wiring loom for the light bar from the battery compartment, through the inner guard, back into the fresh air inlet (bottom left under windscreen) then through a rubber grommet into the cabin under the glovebox.
    Next was mounting the light bar.
    My bumper had already been cut due to the nudge bar that was installed so I removed the rest of it to make the space needed for the light bar.

Next I made some brackets and used some exisiting mounting bolts I found when removing the old nudge bar.

Mounting holes on the chassis, accessed through existing holes in the bumper. I did not remove the bumper for the install.

brackets mounted

Finally painted the bracket, installed the light and plugged it in to the supplied loom I already installed.

Now just have to pick up the correct stereo fascia and finish off that oh and maybe give it a wash! haha
    Also going to remove the tow bar sometime this week and waiting on the arrival of the LED DRL's and twin USB port which will also go in the dash somewhere.
    Last edited by Markee; 02-10-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast