Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion

Users Country Flag

I'll PM you. I'd love to see your van. Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    A few more updates over the last few months.
    I now have a 'tune' with EGR and DPF delete, it did not make much more power but it definitely drives a whole lot better. Also fitted an oil catch can at the same time.
    I was looking for more torque mainly due to adding a bunch of weight which has me now sitting at 2720kg as a daily driver with all my work gear.
    Fuel economy seems to be better already but only been through half a tank and some of that was under load on the dyno. Time will tell.
    Engine also got a chemical clean via a fuel tank additive and also two cans of upper engine cleaner, which it needed badly!

Catch can fitted up behind the fuel pump.
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_3126_heic-2246x1440-jpg

Dyno print out
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_3125_heic-2246x1440-jpg

I've also purchased an 'Enthusiast HexV2' VAG-COM dongle/cable from Ross Tech in the US. Just learning my way around the software at the moment but it seems like it has a large amount of uses which suits me to a tee.
    First thing was to reset the service interval reminder and next up is the Haldex coupling service.

Another thing I've wanted for a while was a new set of speakers for the front doors, I went with a 'T5 Focal Speaker kit' from Skipton Car Radio in the UK. Awesome service from those guys with shipping from the UK via DHL arriving in less than a week.
    Absolute plug and play and easiest car audio install I've ever done.
    Kit come with adapter rings to fit an 8in mid bass in each door and a tweeter up in the factory dash position with all mounts and screws provided as well as 8 sheets of sound deadening matting for the inside of the doors.
    The difference is absolutely night and day! I love it.
    I didn't get any photos of the install as I was limited for time using the shared driveway space on our property.
    Link to the kit here VW T5 Focal 20 cm Speaker Kit
    Last edited by Markee; 01-07-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Mark
    Is that a Shingleback bicycle rack (4 bike?) with a swing-away arm you have mounted on your Transporter? How’s the clearance with the tailgate up and the bike rack in the swung out position?
    Also, I noticed in one of the photos that you had the top of the rack strapped back to the roof platform – was that a necessity or just a nice to have for bike rack stability?
    Thanks
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by MLV View Post
    Hey Mark
    Is that a Shingleback bicycle rack (4 bike?) with a swing-away arm you have mounted on your Transporter? How’s the clearance with the tailgate up and the bike rack in the swung out position?
    Also, I noticed in one of the photos that you had the top of the rack strapped back to the roof platform – was that a necessity or just a nice to have for bike rack stability?
    Thanks
    Dean
    Hey Dean, no it is a Yakima Hangover 4. The rack has to be tilted back when swung away for the tailgate to open all the way without it hitting any bikes.

The strap was used just for some more stability while driving on winding roads prior to getting a hitch clamp to further lessen the movement of the whole setup attached to the tow bar hitch receiver.

Hi Markee, I see you’re looking to tune and perhaps DPF delete in the future, if you’ve heard of Pendle Performance LTD in the UK then I’ve got good news for you, we’re here in Oz too now. If you’d like more info feel free to hit me up 0484637824 or see my Facebook page Pendle Performance Australia thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PendlePerformanceAus View Post
    Hi Markee, I see you’re looking to tune and perhaps DPF delete in the future, if you’ve heard of Pendle Performance LTD in the UK then I’ve got good news for you, we’re here in Oz too now. If you’d like more info feel free to hit me up 0484637824 or see my Facebook page Pendle Performance Australia thanks
    Hi mate, thanks for your offer but if you read a few posts above I’ve already had it tuned locally here in Melbourne,
    also unsure how you would do someone’s van who is interstate?
    I have heard of Pendle Performance and agree they do come highly recommended, but there’s probably no need to be pushing it in every post on this forum either.
    cheers Mark.

New head unit fitted today with reverse camera.

Awesome features with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay via cable and wireless. So many options to connect and add different media its insane. It's taken more than a few hours to learn it but well worth it.

Drives the new front 8in splits so well too.

Pioneer DMH-ZF9350BT

And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_3373_heic-xl-jpg
    And so it starts.....my new T5 LWB Motion-img_3374_heic-xl-jpg
    Last edited by Markee; 25-09-2020 at 05:10 PM.

Users Country Flag
    It looks great. What cameras did you connect? Does it work with steering wheel buttons right from the box?

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    It looks great. What cameras did you connect? Does it work with steering wheel buttons right from the box?
    Thanks mate. I only got the reverse cam for it, a Pioneer RCAMAVIC.

I don’t have steering wheel controls but the the CANBus loom adapter was the steering wheel control kit which also gave me the reverse trigger to enable the cam. The head unit also allows to turn the reverse cam on at the touch of a button also and has the option for a 2nd cam input too.
    Comes with hdmi, USB-C, 6x preouts for amps, steering wheel control, microphone, Bluetooth, GPS, wireless hotspot and WiFi.
    With Pioneers AV app can also change and customise backgrounds and use photos as screen savers as well as update the firmware.
    Last edited by Markee; 16-08-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Nice unit have always been a fan of Pioneer audio for cars , its just a shame they can,t make specific head unit to replace the one in T5.1 models like the Chinese do . The only ones I have seen from Pioneer use a bezel to fill the hole and then they stick a lousy 5 inch screen in the middle and it looks like crap , lets face it VW headunits are the same across multiple models T5,s Golfs Tiguans and many more in the VW Audi Skoda range so you would think Pioneer would make one with a full size screen . Not sure I would like something that big like yours in the dash as I would imagine it would be a nice target for thieves .

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast