Thread: Saving another T4 - workshop recommendation bayside Melbourne?

Users Country Flag

Saving another T4 - workshop recommendation bayside Melbourne?

Morning all

I'm trying to resurrect this old syncro....lots to do.

One of the previous owners has "liberated" the syncro drivetrain so that part will be the biggest challenge. For the next few years I'll be happy to get it back to being comfortable and reliable.

Saving another T4 - workshop recommendation bayside Melbourne?-138676818_398661678100186_6199944175375266729_n-jpg

So far I've done the exhaust, shocks, and a few other necessary bits for the RWC. I had the 3 main shifter linkage bushes done but its still like stirring porridge so want to get all of the other bushes done now. The workshop who did the RWC work have been great but you can tell they're not "keen" on playing with an old T4.
    Thats OK, I understand it, sometimes old cars can be massive time sponges.

Anyone know of a workshop in the Melbourne bayside area that has seen a few of these old chariots?

Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Try Baytech Automotive in Cheltenham, they may be willing to help?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Markee,
    The old chariot is a bit rough around the edges! Interesting project though and they have a massive following in the UK / Eu so everything is availible.

Users Country Flag
    I took My T4 Syncro to Tucker road motors, 88 cochranes road , Moorabbin. 9570 9566 . Dale is the Mechanic and quite thorough. Very knowledgeable.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Johnjon View Post
    I took My T4 Syncro to Tucker road motors, 88 cochranes road , Moorabbin. 9570 9566 . Dale is the Mechanic and quite thorough. Very knowledgeable.

Thank you. I think I know of him through the outlaws. Ill check him out.

Upload a photo of your syncro!
    Mine WAS a syncro...Only thing left are the holes in the panels where the spare wheel carrier was located and the front guard stickers.