Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Leak - VAG TPI & Warranty issue

Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    It's pretty common for them to leak from the flywheel bolts.

Gearbox, clutch, and flywheel need to come off, and I believe the rear main seal housing too.

It's one of those jobs where they're best to take their time and do a thorough job. Wouldn't want to do it twice.

Well just had my 60000k service at my independent European workshop & have been advised it's still leaking... Looks like they are doing it twice. Guess i'm lucky i still have 18 months worth of warranty left.
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Users Country Flag
    Leaks from the flywheel bolts is a common issue and is totally random on the cars I have seen.
    Yes there is a bulletin for this issue.
    New bolts are required for the flywheel and a sealant is also used on the bolts to stop it happening again.
    Volkswagen Australia are completely useless with support for warranty it’s a tit for tat between them and dealers and they will do whatever it takes not to fix and you will also hear all types of **** from advisers when asking to have it checked. You may be lucky to get a loan car from them and you will be waiting 3 weeks to book it in then another week to repair. This is useless if you a are business and purchased the car for work.
    It’s not a major issue and I haven’t seen it cause consequential damage to anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for reply. I'm booked into the dealer this Wednesday for them to assess whether its the same issue & if it will be covered by warranty or not. I have no doubts it's the same issue that wasn't fixed properly the first time around... Just wish my independent mechanic could carry out warranty work rather than the (insert adjective) dealership.
    Current: MY18 TRANSPORTER CrewVan, Indium Grey
    Previous: MY10 Tiguan 2.0TSI, Silver Leaf, APR StgII tune + many mod's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12