Support VWWC

Thread: OBD2 bluetooth?

OBD2 bluetooth?

Hi All,

Wondering what are good options for watching some diagnostics as I drive my T5.1? Particularly interested to see when it does any regen and to see any fault codes on the fly. Is it as simple as a cheap ebay OBD2 bluetooth dongle and an android app, or are there better options?

Thanks, Sam

Users Country Flag
    Carista - hands down. You can see soot levels and initiate a regen at your convenience with Carista - I use it regularly on my 2015 Audi SQ5 as it seems to always want to do a regen at an inconvenient time (eg when you are 5 mins away from home after a 2 hour trip on the freeway). So now I can initiate a regen at a convenient time for me. Carista OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner and Customiser for Android and iOS – AutoInstruct

Carista is $46 to buy, and then full access to the apps features is approx $80 AUD per year.

You can also use the Carista OBD device with another app called VAGDPF which gives you a heap of DPF pressure/temp parameters. The only downside to VAGDPF is that you cannot initiate a regen. VAG DPF app on Android to monitor DPF
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 09-03-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Great info, I used to run VAG DPF all the time, some great info there, and just push a regen via Ross Tech as suited me.

Good to no longer have to worry about all that ****, and the insane underbonnet temps regens cause.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

So for a technologically challenged (dumbass) like me that only wants to be able to read and reset fault codes on my 2012 T5 TDI do you just plug the Carista adapter in and connect it to your phone and use the free OBD2 diagnostics that comes with it?

Also is their a cheap stand alone scanner you can recommend that would do the same thing on the T5 and easier to use?