Support VWWC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New tyres....

Users Country Flag

How much were your new tyres? How do you feel about them now you've had them for a while? Does your van suffer from the insides of the rear tyres wearing before the rest of the tread?

I'm about to post, asking about adjusting the camber of the rear of my van as it suffers from that inside wearing as mentioned above. apparently, the rear camber isn't adjustable. (but I'm thinking, there must be a way to add a spacer to achieve the required adjustment)

Users Country Flag
    I thought that it is illegal to install tyre size that changes the wheel radius by more than 7mm? (not that I care, just trying to ascertain if I am understanding the rules correctly).
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.

I,ll bet half the cars on the road don,t have the correct diameter anyway , like you I,m not concerened as long as I,m not getting speeding tickets . Funnily enough I have been stopped a number of times for RBT etc and no one has even mentioned the fact that my trusty old T5 work van has Commodore Crewman mags on it as they fit perfectly on the stud pattern and only need a small hub ring . One time when I was out towards the northwest of Brisbane I saw the Qld Transport Safety inspectors doing roadside testing of vehicles and I got pulled in for a check , the officer did a thorough check of lights brakes tyres etc . When he was finished like a fool I asked him how come he didn,t ping me for the Holden Mags as they clearly had the lion symbol in the centre , he told me that as long as they didn,t stick out past the guards and weren't bald it was fine . I thanked him nicely and drove off smiling .

how's the fuel economy after changing the tyres?

235 65 17 a legal size in nsw to my understanding unless you start raising the van as well

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by heyasam View Post
    235 65 17 a legal size in nsw to my understanding unless you start raising the van as well
    Would you have some reference to confirm this? I do not see how this could be so, because the side wall hight difference between 235/65 and the factory 235/55 is 23mm, which is way more than the 7mm mentioned int he rules.
    Multivan MY12 TSI350 Red. Previous: 2008 Tiguan 103Tdi. 2010 Tiguan 125TSi.

The tyres are VERY quiet... due to lockdown ...haven't driven the van for quite a while !!! so I'll report back when I'm able to go more than 10kms from home. I've done more kms on my new e-bike than in the van !!!!!
    The original tyres (one brand new and four with about 150 kilometres on them) are for sale... $100 each, pickup in metro Melbourne.
    Goodyear Cargo Vector 215/60 R17C M+S

Hey @Tig-uan for example 75mm Lifts Now Legal In NSW | Loaded 4X4 makes reference to the rules. Sorry haven't looked closely for a while. Maybe I got my math wrong and 235/65/17 + a 2 inch lift would be ok

Users Country Flag
    hey mate, what you are referencing is the tyre diameter can not be more than 7% increase on the largest tyre diameter of the place card, not 7mm specifically

https://www.nsw.gov.au/sites/default...ember-2003.pdf

Just been researching this again for my Crafter.

7% is the limit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast