Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New T7

New T7

Watch "all-new 2022 VW Multivan T7 Premiere REVIEW - the king of MPVs?" on YouTube
    all-new 2022 VW Multivan T7 Premiere REVIEW - the king of MPVs? - YouTube

See attached link for review.

Scott

Deathly silence. Not loving the new T7?
    Scott

Users Country Flag
    Ve have vays of making you bored.

Nice enough vehicle with interesting dimension variations available when the Transporter nexus is broken; tedious presentation.

Haha!

I think I will need to see it in the flesh. The interior updates and seat functionality seem a forward step but not the dimensions of the shorter version with less boot space. Not sure about the front appearance or the appearance of the longer version.

Engine torque is down with nothing with 450nm or higher or 4 motion. I have read that the 4 motion 6.1 Multivan will continue along side the T7 Multivan. I wonder then if the 6.1 version will get a further update of the dash and interior ( per that of the T7) which would provide the best of both worlds or my tastes and requirements.

Users Country Flag
    More info out today.

VW unveils seven-seat T7 Multivan to tempt families out of big SUVs

I've been told that we must get 1. So if the 2.0 petrol turbo does come to Australia (with the 8spd proper auto), we will buy 1. My wife still misses the T5.1 we had
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    More info out today.

VW unveils seven-seat T7 Multivan to tempt families out of big SUVs

I've been told that we must get 1. So if the 2.0 petrol turbo does come to Australia (with the 8spd proper auto), we will buy 1. My wife still misses the T5.1 we had
    I,m with you on the Petrol Turbo , probably not have to put up with all VW,s 3 letter swear words DPF EGR DSG DMF .

A number of the online articles point to 7 speed DSG for all versions except the hybrid which will come with a 6 speed DSG. I can only hope it is a normal 8 speed auto. I am also interested in what the internal floor to roof dimensions will be for a wheelchair hoist for my disabled adult son. The short wheelbase version also looks to have less internal cargo capacity than the T5 or T6.

Re two litre petrol turbo, I hope it has plenty of torque, but could still be a thirsty beast. Clearly they are not keen to offer a high powered diesel or 4motion.

Scott

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Caravelle View Post
    A number of the online articles point to 7 speed DSG for all versions except the hybrid which will come with a 6 speed DSG. I can only hope it is a normal 8 speed auto. I am also interested in what the internal floor to roof dimensions will be for a wheelchair hoist for my disabled adult son. The short wheelbase version also looks to have less internal cargo capacity than the T5 or T6.

Re two litre petrol turbo, I hope it has plenty of torque, but could still be a thirsty beast. Clearly they are not keen to offer a high powered diesel or 4motion.

Scott
    Hoping on the 8spd auto ... and btw the petrol turbos certainly have similar torque to the TDI's but also have a much better spread of torque than any TDI. Typically the VW TDI's make max torque over a very short peak ~750rmin whereas the VW TSI's make similar torque but for over ~2500 peak which makes them a whole lot more drivable.

On the Amarok's (similar engines in the 2.0 range) the TDI's make max torque from 1750 to 2500rmin, whereas the TSI make max torque from 1800 to 4500 rmin .... this result in much different driving characteristics without massively impacting fuel economy. As a bonus you can rev the TSIs out to almost 7000rmin (and much higher kw) which makes overtaking a breeze.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 17-06-2021 at 08:46 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast