Thread: Need more help - 2007/8 Multivan Climate control

Users Country Flag

Need more help - 2007/8 Multivan Climate control

Going on from my previous post, I scanned the codes, and they came up clear, not unexpectedly, I guess.

I ran the system up to maximum setting & got a desultory puff of air from all three sets of air output, no difference between any, and barely more than you might find through the vents while driving with the system off.

I have never been able to find a manual for the T5 Multivan, or one acknowledging the Multivan either hard copy or digital - they've all been for the Transporter which understandably doesn't have this facility - so I'm at a loss how to proceed next. A quick Google search leaves me with the threat that it might cost between $300 & $1000 to rectify the issue, while the local (Brisbane) AC shops don't seem to claim VW specific skills.

Anybody with advice or suggestions?

Cheers, John

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Anybody know how to get a workshop manual or software?

Users Country Flag
    So the fan's dead?

With a test light, is it getting power? There's only two wires at the fan, so one is power, one is earth. If there's power there, your fan has crapped it.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

It could be the fan resistor they fail very quickly , I have replaced mine and friends already . Heater Blower Fan Motor Resistor For VW T5 Transporter Caravelle TOUAREG AMAROK 870229948632 | eBay

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

OK, I fell off my perch a bit this week and haven't got to the issue.

However, I took the vehicle out last night & when I started it, the fan(s) ran at full power, or even at a higher output than would correlate with full power option, with the climate control OFF. When I fiddled the control from mild to full power, it changed the speed from low to high and at full power, it stopped again.

Should I suspect that it's a software issue?