Support VWWC

Thread: MY15 Multivan Highline (RNS510) is terrible? Upgrade options

Users Country Flag

MY15 Multivan Highline (RNS510) is terrible? Upgrade options

Hi all. First time poster so please bear with me.

We have recently bought a MY15 Multivan Highline with I assume a RNS510.

When the car is started, sometime the screen 'glitches' and the VW logo is cut in half. This lasts 10-30 seconds.
    Other times, the unit restarts several times before finally turning on.
    It also takes several seconds for the reverse camera to show when you put the van in reverse.
    Lastly, it takes an absurdly long time to connect to Bluetooth when you start the van.

So, I guess I have a few questions.
    1. Is this all normal?
    2. What are my upgrade options? ( Ive found MIB2 on google as an option I think?)
    3. Regarding upgrade options, I still want to keep proximity sensors, the reversing lines that move when you turn steering wheel, and steering wheel / hands free controls.

Thankyou in advance!

Hi there, It certainly sounds glitchy. I wonder if it is possible to reload the software or ugrade the software? It would be nice to think it is repairable. Possibly a screen issue? Or source a second hand unit if you seek to maintain same?

Cheers,

Scott.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the reply! I will do some googling and see if I can figure out how to reload software. Maybe do a firmware upgrade?

If that doesn't work, however, are you saying I will likely not retain the existing functionality if I put in a RCD330+ ( For example)

I was thinking if you were seeking exact the same, there would be second hand or maybe new 510s on line for sale.

Have you tried doing a soft reset?
    I think you hold the star button & left and right buttons for 30 seconds or so. Unit will then restart.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VWMario View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I will do some googling and see if I can figure out how to reload software. Maybe do a firmware upgrade?

If that doesn't work, however, are you saying I will likely not retain the existing functionality if I put in a RCD330+ ( For example)
    Perhaps post a pic of it and the version information screen as even before 2015 there was Discover Media units around
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by hoddy View Post
    Have you tried doing a soft reset?
    I think you hold the star button & left and right buttons for 30 seconds or so. Unit will then restart.
    OK thanks, I will give that a try tomorrow and post it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Perhaps post a pic of it and the version information screen as even before 2015 there was Discover Media units around
    Is the version information screen hidden or just in one of the normal menus?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by VWMario View Post
    Is the version information screen hidden or just in one of the normal menus?
    Havent got one any more but go into the setup screens and scroll down and version info is last and press that and it will tell you
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan